After a 20 hour journey I've returned from holiday on Jamaica. Before I catch a few hours sleep I've selected the first two images of this beautiful island and it's friendly and proud people.

Images shot with an Olympus E-M10 and Olympus 12-40mm f2.8. Please view large for best result.

16854202850_3998eb3fbc_o.jpg

16419294634_2232de2c03_o.jpg

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 1

Nice images and looking forward a lot to your other images Luc ... Have you been travelling across the whole Island?

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

Thanks Chris, we spent four days in a resort in Negril and six days in one in Montego Bay. This was a lazy relax holiday so we only did a few excursions (Rick's Café, Black River, YS Falls, Appleton) so most of the images I shot were typical tourist images. I will post a selection later once I've shed of the jet lag.

Ah Rick's Café ... watching the sunset :) Great place ... I travelled Jamaica back in 1990 and  I am really curious how it looks like today ...

OK, just a teaser then for you  :D Rick's Café is still a nice place to visit. Great to enjoy Red Stripes, watch the divers, listen to reggae music and watch the beautiful sunset.

16838083667_f7a41da678_o.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah! That's the place :-) Red Stripe, Craven A, good music, relaxed people and never ending sunsets ... Brings back memories ... thanks Luc!

• Like 1

Great shots, and I too am looking forward to more images!

Nikon D500, D700, Df, 18-140/3.5-5.6 VR, 20/2.8D, 28-105/3.5-4.5D, 50/1.8D, 60/2.8D Macro, 80-200/4.5-5.6, 300/4E PF, 35/2D,  Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC

Manual Focus Lenses:  Nikon 55/3.5 Micro pre-AI, 105/2.5 AI, ZY Mitakon Creator 85/2

Olympus PEN-F, EM5.2, Olympus 9mm f/8 Fisheye, 17/1.8, 75-300/4.8-6.7 II, Panasonic 12-32/3.5-5.6, 12-35/2.8, 35-100/2.8, Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN Art, ZY Mitakon 25/0.95

http://www.bestlightphoto.net | http://www.visualohio.com | http://bestlightphoto.blogspot.com | Flickr | SCEENEINWINDOWS Project

The pictures shows how you enjoyed your holiday.  Thanks for sharing.  Am looking forward to see more images!

Edited by Akira

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

Ah, Negril. Rick's and the Wharf Club were great. I went there in 1978, so I suppose it has changed a bit. Ha. It was funky and cheap when I went there. Interesting, friendly people, lovely surroundings, cheap drinks, fun music, great food...what's not to like. I was younger and even more foolish, so there are a few interesting stories that come from that. Love your photos and would really like to see more of the Negril area. I always wanted to go back, but it never seemed to happen.

There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams