STS

metal formed into English perfection

Walking down the street discovered this XKE that had just arrived to be restored, white car surrounded by white snow.

Conversion to B&W Sliver Efex pro 2

Nikon d800, Nikon 14-24

Comments, thoughts, and random opinions are always welcome

post-12777-0-70750100-1426039165_thumb.j

post-12777-0-89613800-1426039351_thumb.j

• Like 1

I always loved the looks of that age of Jaguar. Processing looks fine. The detail makes me regret not buying the 14-24 back when I thought I could afford it. The equipment I bought instead I've sold. If I had purchased the 14-24, I would still have it. Glad to see that your snow is starting to recede. We've had the opposite here. Last weekend I drove up to 5,000 feet before snow started accumulating on the mountain roads. We've had a severe snow drought. 

• Like 1

There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams

Of the original XKE Enzo Ferrari said  ”the most beautiful car ever built”, this photo is of the 4.2 version “a bit courser of body line”

These are in my opinion the last of the truly English sports car, under 60 mi/hour the handling was like any other car, 60 and above you could tell this is Jag all the parts come into sympatric harmony suddenly you are driving a very special machine.

It seems a lot of good folks buy a 14-24, and then sell it, I made a decision to use mine and to learn how to use this lens effectively, still learning.

When I use it correctly it is wonderful

Thank you for the comments

I love the processing of this - it has that high contrast sharpness that I think is the main reason I like B&W. I'm not so convinced the shots of the car (which is unashamedly beautiful, of course) do the form of it justice, and I think maybe it's that the camera is a little high, which distorts the perspective in a way that I find slightly disturbing.

Of the two, I prefer the second as showing the graceful and athletic form of rolling sculpture that is the E-Type Jaguar (as it was known here).

Yum!

• Like 1

"The changing of bodies into light, and light into bodies, is very conformable to the course of Nature, which seems delighted with transmutations." - Sir Isaac Newton

I tend to agree relative to the first one, the good news the car in still in the same spot.

I enjoyed living in MN, I hope you have enjoyed the winter