To be precise, Convair F-102A Delta Dagger and North American F-86F Sabre

Please view large for best results 

16661773096_ebe7aba444_o.jpg

16661444996_88e10f8097_o.jpg

• Like 2

interesting images and the B&W really works on these .

Particularly like the break through light rays in #2 - it is a bonus to the image.

Very cool.  It's nice that the subjects were out and separated so that you were able to isolate each of the aircraft.  I agree with Mongo that the shafts of light on the old sabre add a lot to the image.

As a side note, it's interesting that such a streamlined craft as the convair is now more than 60 years old!

Regards,

Bill

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken. Oscar Wilde

Guest jramskov

Very nice, the BW treatment works well.

Yes, the B&W treatment works nicely here.  I also like the way you include the shadows of the fighters, which is more effective in B&W.

Edited by Akira

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

Guest helioer

B&W really works well here, #2 is my favourite

Exquisite b/w photos of legendary aircraft. Congratulations Luc

Thanks all for watching and commenting. The rays of light were only there for about 2-3 seconds so I had to act fast!

Akira, glad you noticed the shadows which are a deliberate part of the composition :wink:

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Greg Drawbaugh
      A few weeks ago "AirVenture 2018" better known as Oshkosh took place in where else, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.  2018 marks my 11th consecutive year in a row to visit and photograph this monumental event.  The scale and scope of this event is hard to imagine unless you have visited it in person.  For the over week-long event, over 600,000 visitors, 5,000 volunteers, 10,000 aircraft arrivals, almost 20,000 aircraft operations, almost 3,000 show planes and over 40,000 campers in 12,000 sites on the airport.  For me, it is one of the few airshows I attend and photograph, so it always takes a few days to re-learn my airshow photography techniques.  I tend to want shots a bit different than some of the other airshow photographers seek out, and I also like to push the envelope in my post-processing for some different looks.  I am pleased to present a sample of the 5500 photos I took during my week in Oshkosh.  My eleventh trip to the event also marked my very first air-to-air photography experience.  Please take a look and see what you think, constructive comments are always welcome.  I will continue to add photos as I continue to process photos.

Saturday morning marked a monumental event in my modest photography life.  I was able to take a flight in a 1940s Vultee BT-13 trainer along with another Vultee BT-13.  I occupied the rear seat (including strapping on a parachute) in the BT-13 named "Lucky 13" piloted by Hunter Reiley.  All I asked was "please do not humble me" as I just want to take photos and not lose my camera (and a very light breakfast!).  Hunter was very smooth and gentle with me, and I think we captured some great photos of his friend Kelly's BT-13.  E-M1 mkII and Olympus 12-100 Pro

• By Luc de Schepper
      A HDR merged from three -1 0 +1 stop EV handheld shot Jpegs. Processed with Nik HDR and Nik Analog Efex.

Please view full size and click on.

• By Luc de Schepper
      IBIS (in-body image stabilization) of Olympus cameras is fantastic.

Image shot at 1/8sec.

• By Luc de Schepper
      Always interesting people aboard a ferry. A good practice ground for close-up "street" photography.

√ó
√ó

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.