Lars Hansen

Cloud stream

So far we've only had a short period of winter with frost and snow around here - it was nice that it came during the holidays. A shot from late afternoon just before twilight.    

• Like 1

Interesting.

The look and colours of fields in my part of the world (Northern England) is not that different.

I love the reflection. I do not love the harsh edit.

Cool (both literally and artistically) reflections.

The photo reminds me of hunting birds in the winter in Mississippi.  For the Europeans here, consider that Mississippi is a fairly large state in land area with only about 1 million people living there.  There are a lot of trees, and cows.

Thank you very much for your comments!

Simone - the place it was shot is about the same as Northumberland to the north. If your recent great posts is from your part of the world I'd say it looks far more interesting and not as flat as it is around here!

Frank - I admit I've pushed contrast and darkened it a bit to increase the chill feeling. I've posted a brighter sample with less contrast but then I find the sky becomes a bit absent and the reflections less colourful. I'm only posting it to understand what you mean by harsh processing as opposed to my “expressive processing”? ;)

Bill – thanks. I can't ask for more  :)

Ron – I've posted an extra shot just to show you this is cow territory during summer. It's too close to the city for hunting but there are good hunting areas outside the city area .. I've attached a shot of some of the casualties from my neighbors most recent pheasant hunt.

Edited by Lars Hansen

This looks like around 07:45 in the morning (January light) to me.

Colin - that scenario is unthinkable for a B-person like me (probably even B++). It's around afternoon tea time .. or a little later :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crowecg
      I've just got my hands on an X-E3.  It seems to be a little bit of a forgotten camera in the Fuji line up, even though it is right up to date with the same sensor as the X-T2, X-T20 and others.  I've only really had an hour or so of handling it so far due to other commitments and haven't shot properly or got to the bottom of all the menus and settings.

The first thing that stands out is the size - it is small.  A bit bigger than my old Nikon J1, although with the 27 f/2.8, it almost squeezes in to the same case I use for the J1 and 10 f/2.8.    

The buttons are tiny too, although they seem well enough spaced out to avoid mis-pressing them.  There is a shutter speed dial and exposure compensation dials as well as two command wheels (front and rear), but there isn't an ISO dial like some of the bigger bodies.  I haven't got the hang of what the various buttons do and what the command wheels can be programmed to do yet.

It has a slight ridge on the front rather than a grip and I find I'm twisting my finger down the front of the camera to hold it - something that will not be comfortable for extended periods,

but given the size and the way I plan to use it, it is easy enough to slip into a pocket, so you don't need to be holding it all the time.

I'm not sure how it will feel with bigger lenses, as I've only tried the 27 f/2.8 and the 18-55 so far.

The view finder is off to the side, but I don't find that a problem.  Even with glasses, I can get close enough to see the full viewfinder (perhaps because my nose isn't in the way).  The view finder also lets you get a good view around the camera if you can manage that sort of thing.  The viewfinder seems responsive although I managed to provoke some flicker with low shutter speeds under fluorescent light.

It seems to jump quickly into focus and in some regards feels similar to the J1 rather than my D7000, even though with the 24 MPixel APS-C sensor it represents an upgrade in that regard too.  A couple of quick high ISO shots look good and it will probably be OK a couple of stops beyond the D7000 (and obviously way beyond the J1).  OIS on the 18-55 seems good too.

Obviously the 27 and 18-55 might not appeal to those wanting the more traditional manual handling common to the Fuji system, the 27 completely lacking an aperture ring and the 18-55 with an unmarked ring, which although it clicks nicely, will continue to rotate fully and take you back to wide open from fully stopped down (that was the command wheel behaviour with the 27).

Hopefully the coming weekend will provide some more shooting opportunities and allow some more detailed comments.

• By Mike G
      The lenshood you see in this photo is a replacement for the Fuji offering that I don’t like.
      It is solid aluminium and a 52mm screw thread, the cost of this hood shipped from China including P&P ordered though Amazon was £2.63, hence my use of the word bargain. 
    • By Lars Hansen
      Spring has arrived and this spot has a nice view over the lake.

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.