Two images of details of steel constructions. First one is the Hohenzollernbrücke/bridge built between 1907-1911, the second one is the roof of the Köln Hauptbahnhoff/Cologne Central Station built between 1889-1894.

Olympus E-M10 + Olympus 25mm f1.8. Please view large.

15425331233_494c5c61d6_o.jpg

15422711154_9a71763d6a_o.jpg

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 1

Like em Luc, and been there a few times.  :D

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Very nice capture of the geometry in the first  -- good eye!

Regards,

Bill

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken. Oscar Wilde

Luc, I'm really enjoying your Koln series, please can I have some more.  :D

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Thanks Luc.

Mike Gorman

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By crowecg
      Shortly after I first arrived in Melbourne I took a picture of Flinders St station from across the river in Southbank.  The station was all lit up, but the sky was not quite black, still a deep blue.  I really liked it, but it was only a 2 MPixel image.  For years I've wanted to get back and take a bigger version, but never quite managed it.  One time, I was just a bit too late and the sky was already black (see here) and another time, the station was wrapped in scaffolding for renovation works.  However, this week I finally managed it!!!!😁

So, here is the new version:

Flinders St Station

And this is the original:

Original

The angles are a little bit different, but growth of the trees in the intervening 13.5 years made that necessary to avoid blocking some of the key features of the station.

I also grabbed a few other shots whilst there.  I think this one works better as black and white as the colours of the city lights draw my eyes away from the bar on the island below the bridge.

Island Bar
    • By Luc de Schepper
      Yesterday I visited the city of Gouda (well known for it''s cheese). It was beautiful Autumn weather so nice colours and beautiful shadows and light.
      When I saw this old cast iron bridge I thought it was worth an image. The square format was intentional, no crop in post processing.

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.