Sign in to follow this  

A cliche photo for anyone visiting Guanajuato Mexico

"puente del campanero" or  bellman bridge

the street was dug deeper, and a bridge was  built so the house on the left could be entered, or so they say ...

Christmas decorations include piñatas

A mix of electric light with dawn 

They have this huge lamps all over interesting places ... making it hard to avoid flare and I did not have my lens hood ...

post-11004-0-96073600-1387860265_thumb.j

Edited by armando_m
  • Like 1

Regards,

Armando

Guest Dan Brown

Very good light and very strong composition leading one's eye to the brdige.

It would be great, except, the holiday ornament, which is too distracting.

Armando, I really like this composition.  I've been thinking about an extended visit to my brother in San Miguel de Allende some time in the new year.  This is another motivator but I wish San Miguel would clean up the electricity and telephone lines in the old, narrow streets.

Many thanks for posting.

Tom

Thanks Fons 

Thanks Dan, I should visit when there is no christmas decoration 

Tommi, San Miguel is quite close to Guanajuato, I hear your comment about electric wires, but the comment applies to all of Mexico 

Regards,

Armando

I think you are right about the wires :( .  I guess I could spend more time over in Pozos amongst the ruins :) .

Cheers,

Tom

Tom, you seem to know more about the area than me, first time i hear about pozos, from what I see in google it looks quite interesting

Regards,

Armando