Guest Patrick Pedersen

Two whole days...

Guest Patrick Pedersen

...I've been sitting and just playing around and trying out different IR colour settings in both Lightroom and Ps, (to my fiancés big frustration), but I must admit I don't think I've gotten anything out of it yet...

post-12015-0-81830900-1380753709_thumb.j

post-12015-0-44028800-1380754240_thumb.j

Edited by Patrick Pedersen

Photography combined with stylised graphic imaging, they don't work for me I'm afraid, though 

it's just my opinion.

cheers

Tony

Guest nfoto

IR is an acquired taste, as you probably are well aware of. I believe Patrick isn't on a mission to please everybody.

However, that being said my personal belief is everybody should look at pictures they really don't care for. The worst that can happen is you get bored, the best you gain impressions and inspirations because you learn to interpret the shown visual communication.

Speaking for myself, I used a great deal more than 2 days to become comfortable with doing and processing IR images :) - so your girl friend has to learn to be patient.

You are right Bjorn, just that with the examples shown in this thread

I find the compositions awkward, just personal preference.

IR is an interesting subject and I do enjoy seeing different examples of what's possible.

Tony

Guest nfoto

I always give you plus points for trying, Tony :)

Guest Patrick Pedersen

IR is an acquired taste, as you probably are well aware of. I believe Patrick isn't on a mission to please everybody.However, that being said my personal belief is everybody should look at pictures they really don't care for. The worst that can happen is you get bored, the best you gain impressions and inspirations because you learn to interpret the shown visual communication.Speaking for myself, I used a great deal more than 2 days to become comfortable with doing and processing IR images :) - so your girl friend has to learn to be patient.

I have to say that it feels like I'm going into photography for the first time in my life all over again, it's nonetheless just as exiting as I remember it was, perhaps even more actually. And first of all I do it to please myself, if others find my work interesting, I'll take that as a bonus. But don't take the guts from me Bjørn, if you used a great deal of time getting comfortable with IR editing and so on, then how many years or ages will I use getting to know it...;-)

Talk to you later Bjørn, thanks for your comments!

You are right Bjorn, just that with the examples shown in this thread

I find the compositions awkward, just personal preference.

IR is an interesting subject and I do enjoy seeing different examples of what's possible.

Tony

Thank you Tony, for commenting! Awkward- I've never ever heard anybody use about my images or composition for that matter, perhaps bad or something like that but never -awkward.. I guess taste is a matter of individuality.. My fiancé said too that she didn't understand this kind of picture.:-)

But IR gives me the opportunity to work in another way than what I'm now used with these days. Gives me the chance to play around with light, shape and colours again.

Have a splendid day guys!

Guest nfoto

"But IR gives me the opportunity to work in another way than what I'm now used with these days. Gives me the chance to play around with light, shape and colours again."

See: that's freedom for you. Being able to start all over again with no rules and no given answers. Photography in any field should be like this but almost always is not due to the silent rules that tie creativity down.

The flip side is that one is likely to annoy or bore a lot of people, but so what?

Patrick,

I do of course understand the need to experiment and try something different,

as Bjorn often says it is indeed the way to develop and grow as a photographer.

Trying something different is what I'm endeavouring to do at the moment

and it absolutely makes photography more interesting and challenging.

It's funny but your first image above is growing on me, I see it in

a different light today (no pun intended)  :)

Tony

Edited by wildoat

Guest Patrick Pedersen

"But IR gives me the opportunity to work in another way than what I'm now used with these days. Gives me the chance to play around with light, shape and colours again."

See: that's freedom for you. Being able to start all over again with no rules and no given answers. Photography in any field should be like this but almost always is not due to the silent rules that tie creativity down.

The flip side is that one is likely to annoy or bore a lot of people, but so what?

As true as said! I believe we humans have a strong tendency to tie us down, no matter what it is, creativity is just one of many amongst those things, I'm afraid.

To annoy people is something I'm quite used with already, but I say; it's better to annoy than to bore someone to death...:-P