Guest jakov.nl

Cres, Croatia

Guest jakov.nl

After almost 4 thousand kilometers of driving we are ending our holiday at Cres, Croatia. A place I have visited all my life.

Here are a few more/less colorful ones I hope you'll like.

Comments welcome...

post-4197-0-83947200-1374689590_thumb.jp

post-4197-0-73968500-1374689599_thumb.jp

post-4197-0-86854400-1374689612_thumb.jp

post-4197-0-97350900-1374689643_thumb.jp

post-4197-0-31214300-1374689655_thumb.jp

Guest Elsa Hoffmann

the first image is awesome. very much so.

Guest JohnBrew

I like #4 best, the way the fountain came out is just crazy.

I agree with Elsa, the first is my favourite.

Simone

jakov: love the first photo with the perspective from the cat's height. Richard

Guest jakov.nl

Thanks to all the cats and fountains in the world.

I'm glad you like them.

The cat blew me away even when I was taking the picture.

You know that feeling when you click and you just know that it's going to turn out great :)

Here are a few more/less colorful ones I hope you'll like.

Most definitely, Jakov!  Glad you enjoyed such a long journey.  I would second John and #4 is my favorite in the series.  Did you use a full-frame circular fisheye on an IR-modified DX camera?

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

Guest jakov.nl

Thanks Akira!

Yes, I used the full frame circular 8 mm Sigma F/3.5 fish-eye on an IR modified D200 camera.

I actually prefer using it on DX cameras, you can see more of the photo - so to speak. On a full frame camera a lot of the frame is thrown to waste.

Here are two more from today, I paparazzi-ed my lovely Zuze catching some sun with the same equipment as mentioned above, and the second image is a caterpillar that crawled onto my towel suddenly, shot with 85/1.4 and PN-11, a combination I'm getting to like for close-ups.

I'm looking forward to future comments :)

post-4197-0-09592900-1374774251_thumb.jp

post-4197-0-33750100-1374774254_thumb.jp

Guest jakov.nl

After the beach I spoke with Nina. I know her all my life. She is deep into her 90's and can barely see. She talks a mixture between Italian and Croatian, and only close family members can completely understand her words. She is wearing these slippers since at least 2007 (when I started going to Cress after a 17-year break) and they always put a smile on my face "It's time to save a turtle". I'm sure she's not aware what's written but they are obviously comfortable for her.

post-4197-0-43486200-1374775421_thumb.jp