People at the office asked me to take a few photos from them 

Here is one image that I  worked a bit more

post-11004-0-02301200-1370383700_thumb.j

Ambient light

Background is the building reflection on a window

Added a B&W layer (value mode) on parts of her face  to reduce annoying highlights 

Mind boggling how a 36 mp image will be reduced to a 120x120 pixels

Perhaps my watermark will not be visible LOL

Regards,

Armando

Nice job. I do a similar thing at work where I make 300x400 pix images that have to be less than 30K. From a distance they still look pretty good. Kind of overkill using the D800.

There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams

Nice job. I do a similar thing at work where I make 300x400 pix images that have to be less than 30K. From a distance they still look pretty good. Kind of overkill using the D800.

LOL, the D800 is overkill for anything I do 

I guess they can do the same with their cell phones,

but maybe they will do it with with crappy office fluorescent light :) so the phone will use high iso, low speed , the resulting image will be noisy, blurry and the colors will look bad 

The photos triggered the comment: "you got such a good camera", I just said thanks

Regards,

Armando

As ever, the eyes are fantastic in this shot, Armando. Great job.

"The changing of bodies into light, and light into bodies, is very conformable to the course of Nature, which seems delighted with transmutations." - Sir Isaac Newton

Guest Elsa Hoffmann

I could immediately tell you used a B&W layer. Its not flattering on a face like this (suitable for some but not here) The face looks a tad pasty.

Background colours a tad strong.

Cutting the lady thru the boobs is not flattering. it makes her breasts look "fat" - you could have but it higher.

Its a lovely capture and a lovely smile.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By knud
      I haven't been able to find anything regarding the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED in this forum. It very quickly has become my favorite lens. It is incredibly sharp even wide open!
      A picture from a street theater/cirkus called Trottvoir. From St. Gallen Switzerland sommer 2017.
      I made several pictures shooting with the 105mm f/1.4 wide open.

100% crop of the eye

• By Kyle
      So over a month ago I vowed to "post more" from my mountain trip....one fixed keyboard later and a new CPU, here I am. Enjoy. 

• By Greg Drawbaugh
      True story, I am not a people or portrait photographer.  I have never really savored the thought of taking photos of people.  So, reluctantly I have started wading into this area from my normal arena of nature and aviation subjects.  Well, not too far, as this was taken at the BIG airshow in Oshkosh, Wisconsin this past summer.  I stepped outside of my comfort zone and gently worked my way into a pinup model shoot that was taking place in a public area with one of the P-51s and introduced myself (a big move for me) to Heather.  I along with a friend spent the day with this lovely young lady taking her photo with different aircraft and people on the grounds of the airshow.  Do I need to mention that having a lady such as this makes it almost impossible to not get access to some really cool airplanes and reenactors?  Oh, I did have my Olympus 75mm f1.8 with me, thankfully, and here are the results.  More to follow.

• By SheldonEHooper
      This was a challenging shot to get and luckily enough the light was on my side the morning I took this, it was perfectly glinting off his eye and I managed to shoot this in the second that something further in the bushes caught his eye and he stopped perfectly framed by these branches granting me this light and dark contrasty image..

Shot with a Canon 7D mkii, Sigma 150 - 600mm C lense at 600mm, f6.3, ISO 1600, 1\1000

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.