Guest mindspan

DarkroomPro Magazine 2.5

Thanks Ray! I will check it out. 

Ray

Great magazine but something has happened in the switch to iTunes.

Upgrading after a prompt on my iPad moved the icon to the newsstand but only the 2 older editions of the magazine went with it. The icon for the latest version appears along with a download prompt but the magazine fails to download. I consistently get a timeout notification.

The usual re-boot process hasn't sorted things.

Andrew

Guest mindspan

Ray

Great magazine but something has happened in the switch to iTunes.

Upgrading after a prompt on my iPad moved the icon to the newsstand but only the 2 older editions of the magazine went with it. The icon for the latest version appears along with a download prompt but the magazine fails to download. I consistently get a timeout notification.

The usual re-boot process hasn't sorted things.

That's very strange... I just tried it and it seems to work fine. Perhaps there was some network congestion at the time you were attempting to download it. Could you please try again today and get back to me? Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ray I don't understand what is 2.5 upgrade??? What does that mean???

I don't seem to have issue 2.5???

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Guest mindspan

The kiosk software that contains the issues of the magazines has been upgraded with new features. That's what is now version 2.5, versus the old 2.1. In the new version, DarkroomPro will appear in the Newsstand, and you'll be notified of new issues coming out. Additionally, there is a full text search capability in the magazine, so if you are looking for something in particular, it makes life considerably easier. There are three issues currently contained in the kiosk, and our first issue may be downloaded (also for free) in PDF format at http://www.darkroom.pro/free-pdf-versions.html. The next issue should be out at the end of July/beginning of August.

Ray

I finally sorted things out by deleting my cache, cookies, and history, followed by uninstalling and reinstalling the app and downloading all the editions again. It's a great publication and hopefully my upgrade experience is the exception rather than the norm.

Deleting cache and cookies can be a real pain when a bunch of passwords an favourites has to be re-entered.

However, as I said earlier, this is a first class publication. Your efforts are appreciated.

Andrew

Guest mindspan

Wow - you shouldn't have had to go through that! Sometimes things can get a little screwy with cache, but this is the first time I've heard of this happening. Thanks for the update and hope you enjoy the magazine despite the difficulties :)

Thankyou Ray now I understand, as for issue 1 bear in mind that not everybody wants to be involved with so called social media, so for me the first issue remains a closed book, also there appears to be an error on the download page!

PS I should have said that I like the magazine a lot

Edited by Mike G

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Guest mindspan

Hi Mike. Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me what exactly was the error you experienced? We haven't released the free PDF version of the current issue, as we typically do that one month after initial publication on the App Store, so currently the link for this issue goes directly there.

Dallas and I are currently working on providing download functionality from the Fotozones site to the PDF versions of the magazine, so you'll be able to get the first edition without having to utilize the Facebook 'Like' feature. I'm certain you understand that we are trying to build our audience and Facebook is an extremely valuable tool for us. We are providing a free publication, and the content we provide to our readers via our Facebook community is on-topic, and hopefully valuable to them as well. 

Thanks Ray, the problem was that there were some graphics that weren't displaying, what I saw was little blue boxes with ? in it.

I wasn't saying don't use Facebook but please don't make it mandatory, I personally believe FB to be very intrusive to my private information and its method of operation verges on the illegal plus of course its just a selling exercise for unwanted advertising, yuk.

Once again thanks for the link. :good:

Mike Gorman

• Similar Content

• By Luc de Schepper
      Two good friends of mine have published an eBook with beautiful images of their multi-year bicycle tour around the globe.
      From their website;
      "Bicycling Around The World’ celebrates bike travel and culture around the globe.
      In 2010, we (photographer Paul Jeurissen and Grace Johnson) set off on a multi-year bicycle tour covering four continents. Wherever we go, we search out bike culture, dramatic landscapes and remote places. So come pedal with us through the icy Himalayas, the barren Pamir highway, tropical East Africa and the chaos of Dhaka in search of unique cycling images."
      The - free - eBook can be downloaded via this link http://www.bicycletraveler.bicyclingaroundtheworld.nl/bicycling-around-the-world-ebook
      Enjoy!
    • By Fons Baerken
      I like to recommend you take a look over here

http://www.f11magazine.com/site/index.html

I have done so on an earlier occasion,
      so this has some nice articles and images
    • By scottnilsson
      A evolving presentation of special photos selected from the more than 50,000 worldwide images published during National Geographic's 125-year history. Great images via all the links below.
      LINK National Geographic - The Image Collection
      LINK Nat Geo Tumblr Site (more archival photos added regularly)
      LINK National Geographic - Milestones in Photography Archive
      (incl the 1st Photograph, French scientist Joseph Nicéphore Niépce)
      LINK National Geographic Photography (Photo of the Day, Editor's Picks, Tips, My Shot + More)
      LINK DPReview - Good, short article/photo extracts

The Johanneskirche Protestant Church reflects on the water in Stuttgart, Germany, August 1928.
      Photograph by Hans Hildebrand, National Geographic

Alexander Graham Bell and Mabel kissing within a tetrahedral kite, October 1903.
      Photograph courtesy Library of Congress

Tuareg goatherds drink tea in their desert shelter at Hassi Izernene, August 1973.
      Photograph by Thomas J. Abercrombie, National Geographic
    • Guest mindspan
      By Guest mindspan
      Hi all,
      I haven't been frequenting photography boards much lately as we have been busy with the publication of our photography periodical for iPad, DarkroomPro Magazine.
      I just wanted to let you all know that we've moved from paid to a free pricing model that is supported by our advertising. In order for this to work, we need as wide a distribution as possible... so if you have an iPad, please feel free to download the application and read our magazine at no cost to you.
      If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to contact me directly at editor@darkroom.pro.
      You can download the magazine from iTunes using the following link:
      http://itunes.apple....438398369?mt=8#
      Happy shooting, and all the best in 2013!

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.