Sign in to follow this  
senecaman

Latest Adobe update- advice please

Today my installation of Adobe Application Manager popped up with an update for CS6

It's identified as Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6 1.1MB

With all the dialogue around Adobe's plans to change PS licencing, I'm super cautious regarding

Andrew

Apologies all for previous posting errors

What I wanted to ask was, does anyone know what today's Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6 1.1MB update is all about?

With the on-going debate about Adobe policy, I'm getting jumpy about anything that may potentially render my hard earned perpetual licence version of CS6 useless at some future date should I chose not to move forwards on a subscription basis 

Andrew

To get access to the subscription software (i.e. Adobe CC), you need to subscribe. It doesn't enter your computer accidentally.

Ilkka

Thanks for your answer.

My concern stems from an experience a few years ago when I was given free version of Capture One Lite with the purchase of a sandisk memory card.

This was great for limited use with my non Nikon camera files. One day I was confronted with a screen saying the software was no longer licenced and a link to "update to latest version" message and not insubstantial cost request.

I would not put it past a corporation as big as Adobe to pull a stunt like this so that I see a similar message 3 years from now disabling my software and pointing me to a high priced cloud based version.

As long as my current version continues to work for as long as I chose then I'm happy, but I can't help but be suspicious when an update occurs a few weeks before substantial licensing changes are proposed.

Andrew

Ann

Thanks for the reassurance, your answer came while I was posting an answer to the previous post

Andrew

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.