Nikon D800E, Leica Elmarit-R 60mm Macro, Zerene Stacker

post-2886-0-24847200-1368024554_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com (articles), https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine (video tutorials), All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, SpiritGrooves.net, DharmaGrooves.com

Michael

I'm always surprised by how few comments your postings receive. I find the quality of your photography and attention to detail truly inspiring.

Andrew

Thanks for the comment.

Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com (articles), https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine (video tutorials), All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, SpiritGrooves.net, DharmaGrooves.com

Michael

I'm always surprised by how few comments your postings receive. I find the quality of your photography and attention to detail truly inspiring.

I guess when something is as good as it gets then continually repeating comments to that effect becomes pointless. In this case I see fewer comments being an endorsement of the images and techniques rather than an avoidance of comment on the image itself.

Guest Lars Hansen

I agree with Alan - I always take a look at pictures posted by Michael because they most often amaze me with fantastic detail, light etc. I don't comment - I would just be repeating myself. As good as it gets like Alan says.

Guest Airee

Just the same. I hope ME never doubted it. His botanical macro pictures are hardly surpassable, both techically (optics, camera, software...) and otherwise (subject, composition, lighting...).

Thanks anyway for the comments. To be clear, I don't intend my postings as anything other than a progress report, like a photo journal, and mostly just of interest to a few of you. I have never understood why this area is called "Critique," because I am not looking for critique, unless it is of the technique itself. To me NG is a technical forum, a lens forum for that matter. I don't belong or use any "picture" forums because we vary so much in what we like.

I can see from the photos posted on NG that we (as a group) have a wide, wide range of what we consider beautiful. In fact it is in this area that we most differ, and find our differences, often great differences. I seldom critique anything and if I say something, it tends to be a single word like "nice." But that word means I really respect and like what I see and mean to encourage the photographer.

This is another from a fern series, done with the D800E and the CV-125mm APO, Zerene Stacker.

post-2886-0-33358800-1368092785_thumb.jp

I do hope you didn't take my comment in another post of yours as negativism towards your work Michael. As justly pointed out, your macros are technically good. Not necessarily to my taste, but nevertheless interesting and food for the thinking part of photography.

Michael I really like the last one, beautiful work

Tony Saya

Syracuse NY

mostly just of interest to a few of you.

I'm not so sure we're only a few to look at all your pictures.

I don't miss a single one, with amazement ... and a slight bit of despair when looking mines :)

Bruno