senecaman

My true pashion

When I signed up a while back I mentioned aviation was one of my favourite subjects. Now the show season has started here are a few from yesterday evening.

Comments welcome

post-9992-0-54723400-1367765643_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-97772400-1367765662_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-20880500-1367765875_thumb.jp

Andrew

Guest Foveola

Andrew:

I suspect it is great fun to see and hear these fellows fly.  I prefer the slower shutter speeds allowing some prop blur.

What models of aircraft?

Cheers

Randy

Randy thanks for commenting

I always use 1/250 although the angle of the first shot does indeed make it look as if the prop has stopped.

No 1 is a Hawker Demon

No 2 is a Hawker Hind and Hawker Demon

No 3 is an Avro Tutor and DH Tiger Moth

Andrew

Andrew

Andrew, welcome to NikonGear!

Thank you for posting the photos of these aircraft.  It is wonderful to see these flying again and this is my first time to see colored photos of these venerable interwar birds, specially the Hawker Hind and Demon.  I can clearly see how these evolved to become the Hurricane.  The Avro Tutor and the DH.82 Tiger Moth both look great!  

I would just so love to go up in one of these trainers as a passenger and take aerial photos in such an aircraft.  At the very least, I would love to be able to attend as many airshows as I can and to take photos of  these birds.  I intend to do this together with my son but that will have to wait a bit until he finishes his schooling as the school calendar here is rather different and is in conflict with most air show schedules.  While we both like all kind of aircraft, we are particularly fond of piston-powered aircraft such as you have shared here.  

Thank you once again for sharing these photos!  If you have some photos of the Mossies, Typhoon and Tempest, that will be most appreciated as well.  I will be on the lookout for more aviation photos that you will be posting here at NG.   :D 

Larry

Edited by Larry

Larry

Thanks for looking. Here's a photo of a Hurricane since you mentioned it, along with a Sopwith Triplane and a Spitfire

Andrew

post-9992-0-83053300-1367919087_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-48182600-1367919098_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-67367400-1367919108_thumb.jp

Andrew

Thanks Andrew!  You sure know which birds to show.  I could also hear the Merlin as the birds buzz the field.   :D