Sign in to follow this  
stenrasmussen

Urban Seagull

Guest Foveola

Sten:

The strong diagonal from the building adds some tension to what might have been a pretty ordinary image. The vivid blue plays well against the orange/browns. Not my usual style of bird photography, but fun!

Cheers

Randy

On my screen that is a really intense and deep blue sky you have there. It really makes the picture. Did you use a polarizer for this?

On my screen that is a really intense and deep blue sky you have there. It really makes the picture. Did you use a polarizer for this?

No polariser, I rarely use them. This is just adding saturation and contrast during pp.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By stenrasmussen
      Woke up to another warm day. Sun or rain, I love this view.
      This is the final shot made with my X-T1...next stop: Nikon D810!

• By otoien
      Some breathtaking images and words and applying an interesting technique in this 31/2 minute video from Gates of the Arctic National Park in the remote Northern Alaska: http://vimeo.com/89216531

There is a link on the page to a site that will soon be explaining how it was made and with more images:
      http://www.expeditionarguk.com/   .I originally found it on Alaska Dispatch.

• By stenrasmussen
      Two giant sisters were in Stavanger today; Queen Mary 2 & Queen Elizabeth. Funny how they reflect their hulls differently despite being the same colour. The second image is my preferred version though.
      The third is also one I like, but I realise it is not to everyone's taste.
      The tulip was swaying in the wind outside my front door. Poor thing is still longing back to the summer days we had last weekend. Now we're back to +10C and showers  :wild:

• By Tersn
      Still in the process of AF-finetuning my D7100 with the 300/2.8 VR II, I am not sure if any of the below settings will be the final ones.

1. Splash,splash
      1/1000, f/7.1, iso  400, -2/3 eV, AF-correction -10.

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.