Keep right

D200 [iR] with 20mm 3.5 Ais-P Short focus mod

Red Blue swap

Thanks Sten, much appreciated!

It has been a while since I have been out with the IR kit, now I have the lenses sorted out, thanks to The Bear - So much more fun when you have the right tools and know how they work .)

Excellent perspective and colour makes this memorable and striking.

tony

Glad you like it, thanks! Framing and waiting for the right moment looking outside the frame sometimes pays off :)

Nice, clean colors!

Guest nfoto

An example that the swap-channel technique for IR, which I generally detest, actually sometimes works :) Very well, in fact. for this picture.

(I won't change my mind over this matter though, but no rule should ever be set in stone)

Really nice shot Erik - and yes I know that you are also a Leica M man....... :D

An advantage I feel of that older viewfinder technology that encourages this behaviour and those of course that know how to use it - even with your SLR in this case.

.................................... waiting for the right moment looking outside the frame sometimes pays off :)

Guest davepaterson

I like the graphics of the shot very much but I don't like that zombie entering frame on the right!

Guest olivier

Very nice, you must have waited for a long time until you got exactly what you wanted!

Thanks! I was lucky - working the sign to start the idea took some minutes... it took only a few seconds from I saw him until he entered the frame...

Thanks for the POTW! Nice to see such interest in IR images :) this has given me a boost to pursue this kind of photography even more, I have now a fixed IR kit of lenses that I can bring along in confidence.

Edited by Guest

Very well done Erik on your POTW, regardless of the fact it's IR it's just an excellent

image which really works!

Tony

Thanks Jakov!

Tom, I'm pretty sure Dave was honest that he didn't like the zombie! But thanks for your input :)

It just happens that I had just spend 3 days with Bjørn the week before when I shot this, so yes it is inspired by his style, sorry if that bothers you. It was definitely not the purpose of the image!