Jyda

Concerts and mobile phones

Enjoying shows is getting increasingly difficult with the plethora of mobile phone screens you have in front of you face. Or am I just being grumpy?

20121125_6514_web_fr.jpg

/Johnny

Google+

I care about picture quality, not pixel quality. - Jay Maisel

You know, I see this everywhere, not just at concerts and my first thought is always "what are they going to do with the footage?" I wonder how much of it actually ever gets watched?

From the viewpoint I had in the above shot it's not much of a problem. It's a different matter when you're on the floor and constantly have 3-4 bright LCD screens held above peoples heads blocking your view. :angry:

/Johnny

Google+

So all the lit cigarette lighters held aloft weren't a problem? Or the thousands of Instamatic flashes uselessly going off all the time? :) :)

Or am I just being grumpy?

You are just not tall enough ;-)

cheers

afx

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Arca plates compatibility matrix // sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad // Images on images.afximages.com

Lighters were/are only used for certain songs when they suited the mood. I certainly have burned my share of fingers on those. :)

Guess I just have to go through my closet for those platform shoes from the seventies. :)

/Johnny

Google+

Why not bring a periscope with you? :D

I'm not tall enough either, and I keep falling off my platform shoes. Tried those stilts the guys use to put dry wall on ceilings, but the venue wouldn't let me in.

Personally I just chalk this up to one more example of how rude and self-centered a large part of the populace has become. Have to be the first to post/stream to some useless social media web site to show how "cool" they are. Not only polluting my view of the venue, but polluting the Internet as well.

Yes, I am Old, and grump, and crotchety .... so sue me .... :tease:

Bill Dewey

The Focused Eye

"The Older I Get, the Better I Was........"

- aspiring photographer and didgeridooist extraordinaire -

• Similar Content

• By afx
      A few weeks back I stumbled across Alpin Drums, a percussion/performance group.
      When I booked the ticket I realized one of them was the percussionist from The Stimulators, a favourite band of mine.
      So expectations where very high but easily matched by the guys on stage.

They where using everything from milk cans

to rubber toys and plastic tubing

and even swimming noodles

The whole set is here.

cheers
      afx

• By afx
      On May 10th, we went to listen to Peter Schneider and 'Sir' Oliver Malley,
      two excellent guitarists playing blues together.
      I have heard Peter many times as the band leader of the "The Stimulators",
      so my expectations where high, but I was not disappointed.
      Oliver is definitely a stage person:

Together they are a terrific team:

Even the barkeeper is impressive:

And they do mix excellent cocktails there, they even have really good espresso.
      A few more images can be seen here: here.
      Now I am waiting for their first CD.
      All images with 50/1.8 or a Sigma 24/1.8.
      cheers
      afx

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.