Jyda

Old cottage

An old cottage in Norway.

20120607_10924_web.jpg

/Johnny

Google+

I care about picture quality, not pixel quality. - Jay Maisel

Sorry Jyda, this just doesn't cut it for me. To my eyes it's not B/W and the cottage tends to disappear into the background, might be better if it was sepia toned

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Sorry Jyda, this just doesn't cut it for me. To my eyes it's not B/W and the cottage tends to disappear into the background, might be better if it was sepia toned

I hear what you say, but don't quite understand what you mean by that it's not B/W.

/Johnny

Google+

Thanks Rudolf. I'm glad at least someone else likes it. :)

/Johnny

Google+

Maybe its a little extreme in the graphic, gritty effect, but I like that. I think the leading lines of the stone wall and trail keep the cottage as the central focus point.

There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Guest Patrick Pedersen
      By Guest Patrick Pedersen
      I often think that the given light can play a more important role than the place itself.

-
      This is about 200 meters down the river on the above shots, 2014.

-
      And a newly edited shot from 2011, with my beloved and deeply missed D2X.
      "Moon Over Sea"

• Guest Patrick Pedersen
      By Guest Patrick Pedersen
      I'm surrounded by people who really wants to help me get established as a Nature and Landscape Photographer, and without their help I wouldn't have a chance..
      A couple of weeks ago I was given another golden opportunity of a very nice gentleman, I was given the chance of a "cheap" Nikon 300 2.8 VR.. Which I of course took..

I'm so happy with the lens, can't find words to describe how happy I am right now, just waiting for money enough to buy a TC, 1.7x I was thinking! Then I'm ready to go photograph animals and so much other stuff I've been longing for.
      But, (there's always a "but"), there's a small issue I'm wondering about; When the AF is on and the lens is turning from the closest to the farest, I can hear a tiny "squeak", a little "beep" is sounding, it really sounds like it's something dry inside and could use a drop of oil or something. Anybody else in here who has had the same issue??
      To take the lens into service, money won't allow right now..
      Have a great day you all!! :-)
    • By otoien
      In the clear autumn air in the high mountains of Norway, there was little light pollution beyond the faint glow from inside the cabin. I did not have my tripod with me so the D5100 was just propped up at a stone table outside the cabin (best viewed large):

10.5mm @f/2.8 D5100 ISO 1600 30s,  defished in the vertical plane with Fisheye Hemi.

10.5mm @f/2.8 D5100 ISO 1600 30s.
    • By stenrasmussen
      Woke up to another warm day. Sun or rain, I love this view.
      This is the final shot made with my X-T1...next stop: Nikon D810!

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.