TomEG

The noise machine goes ballet!

5 posts in this topic

When you say "noise machine" were you forgetting the little  ;)?

The photo looks great at the size you posted but how does the full size shot compare, noise wise?

Color, exposure, and sharpness look spot on as far as I can tell...

Dennis

PS  Is ballet considered a sport? ???

When you say "noise machine" were you forgetting the little  ;)?

The photo looks great at the size you posted but how does the full size shot compare, noise wise?

Color, exposure, and sharpness look spot on as far as I can tell...

Dennis

PS  Is ballet considered a sport? ???

hehe, if you look closely, you can see that the little  ;) indeed is there!

Here is a full sized image (D2H/70-200VR/ISO800):

http://www.sportsdigipix.com/nikongear/D2H_4662.JPG

It's looking soft, because i don't use in camera sharpening, when shooting in hi-iso modes. It's also looking a bit "dull" because nothing has been done to this image, besides EV +0.3 in Capture NX before saving to .jpg from the .nef file. Normally I would have bumped up the saturation a bit, maybe used some light NeatImage, and finally some Unsharp Mask.

Well, they sweat, they move, they jump, they lift, and they train hard, but seriously.... if it's sport or not... I'm not sure!

Tom

Tom,

my daughter and I go to see the nutcracker every year.  The color and exposure of your shot is very good.

I thought you were talking about the machine gun noise! ;D

Tom,

my daughter and I go to see the nutcracker every year.  The color and exposure of your shot is very good.

I thought you were talking about the machine gun noise! ;D

Mike,

This was my first time, and I loved it. Even if I saw the whole thing through the viewfinder  ;D

Luckily we got seats very close to the symphonic orchestra, so they somewhat outdid even the D2H, soundwise!

PS.

The full sized image was not from a NEF-file, that was an out-of-camera .jpg. Sorry about that!