The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Nikon F70 (N70)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,169 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 25 November 2007 - 17:07

Tell us about your experiences with the Nikon F70 (N70). This topic will be indexed on our CAMERAS page.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 Inukshuk

Inukshuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationVerdun, Qc, Canada

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:39

I've had it since it came out and it's always given me great results, but now because of the digital era, it's been in status since 2004. I can really only say that I can't find anything negative about it. Like anything there's always better, but for the price it couldn't be beat.
Andr´┐Ż

http://inukshuk.smugmug.com/

Nikon D200, Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC, 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM, APO 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG/HSM, 200-500mm VR, EX Apo Tele Converter 1.4x-2x, Nikkor 18-200 VR,50mm f/1.4D, 85mm f/1.8D, Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24 f/4, AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 D Macro, AT-X Pro 28-80 f/2.8, SB800 Flash, Battery Grip etc.
I'm Addicted

#3 360nm

360nm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:25

A very low-priced camera (nowadays) with fantastic built-in flash controls.
Alan

#4 JM The Chicagoan

JM The Chicagoan

EX-Community Steward

• Life Member
  • 890 posts
  • LocationBirth-OakPark IL, Live-Chicago,IL
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 22 January 2009 - 21:45

The N70 was my first Nikon and went with on a Sierra Clugb outing to the White River National Forest in Colorado (along with my 2nd Nikon an F). It performed admirably and since it meters with the old glass (AI/AIS, I still have a bunch of nonAI stuff to be converted) it fits well into my current kit.
Its size puts it in my street shooting stable (FG, N70) and I also use it as a second camera due to its size for packing.
The poor beast don't get as much use lately since the weather and several new kids on the block (I've added a few old pro bodies) offer more mechanical options for cold weather battery prob's and the new toy glow of the N90s and F4s.
But the N70 still holds a place in my heart and since it was where I cut my Nikon teeth I never noticed the control panel being all that different.
Jeff
JM The Chicagoan
JM The Chicagoan
this link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.