The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

G U I D E L I N E S for this section of the forum (Please read first!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,164 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 30 October 2007 - 15:07

This forum is packed with informative threads relating to lenses, cameras, merchants and other items of interest to photographers.

Our idea here is to collect the thoughts and opinions of our registered members on all these things so that other members of the site can benefit from them.

There are two main types of threads in this board;

Review threads containing the experiences of our members with any item listed. These include a poll for lenses and merchants. These threads are moderated and any off topic material and discussion is removed. Please see the guidelines below for an outline on how to post in them.

Issue threads are new to this section and these are the threads where members can report and discuss any issues with gear that is listed. We will be adding more of these as time allows, beginning with the more popular items.

Review Guidelines:
- Any member of the site is entitled to cast their vote and/or make a post in the relevant thread about their own experiences with the item.
- Please do not post comments on other members opinions. Keep your comments related to your own experiences with the item in question. If you want to start a discussion, create a new thread in the correct discussion areas.
- Feel free to post sample images in the topic, but please use the attachments feature so that the images don't disappear if your host goes down.
- When posting your experiences of lenses, try to answer the following questions:
How long have you used the item?
What did you specifically buy it for?
Has the lens lived up to your expectations?
What are the strong points that make you like the lens?
What are the weak points that you wish were different?
Does the lens excell at a particular type of photography? Which?
Would you recommend the item to others?

Please DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS about these items in Review threads, or post non-relevant commentary about them. These topics are intended to be a resource for people wanting to purchase the items in question.

I hope that this new section is of tremendous benefit to members and all those visitors who find us online. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this as a resource please just drop us a PM (Dallas, ChrisLilley) or an email (dallas@nikongear.com).

NOTE: As of 25 July 2011 all posts made on this board will be screened before being made visible. This is so that we can ensure the posts made are kept within these guidelines.

Edited by Dallas, 19 January 2012 - 17:01 .
Addition

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.