Photo
- - - - -

Nikon 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-D

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this lens (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this lens

1. 1 Star (appalling) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 Stars (below par) (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. 3 Stars (average) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 Stars (above average) (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

5. 5 Stars (outstanding) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,181 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 23 October 2007 - 16:57

Please post your opinions of this lens here. This topic will be indexed on our LENSES page. Please keep your comments related to the lens in question.

Support Fotozones:  

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 marek

marek

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 784 posts
  • LocationWarszawa

Posted 09 December 2007 - 22:25

If the slightly longer 28-100mm G series lens that I received for 11 AUD with my D100 is anything to go by then this is a run of the mill very uninspiring kit lens. Lot's of plastic, loose parts and uninspiring image quality. If you have one it probably came attached to a F75 or F80.  I sold mine for about what a 50mm f/1.8 goes for used - probably the best thing I could do with it.

marek
marek

#3 Petteram

Petteram

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:36

Just bought an F80 with this lens attached. This is the first and only lens I have thrown in the garbage.
I think its possible to get sharp pics with this, but only from f/8 and with use of tripod.

#4 Millirehm

Millirehm

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,615 posts
  • LocationVienna Austria

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:14

Just bought an F80 with this lens attached. This is the first and only lens I have thrown in the garbage.
I think its possible to get sharp pics with this, but only from f/8 and with use of tripod.

I understand the disappointment. But maybe you want to consider unmounting the contact block before you really throw it in the bin. Some CPU upgrade maniacs on this board might regard this as an important resource.

Cheers
Wolfgang
Wolfgang

#5 DougJGreen

DougJGreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:20

Too bad, as it's replacement, the 28-70mm f3.5~4.5 D AF is actually quite a stellar performer in sheep's clothes.  It WAY outperforms it's humble price point, and is pretty well built as well.  I seem to recall Bjorn giving it a fine review too.

#6 Petteram

Petteram

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 23 March 2009 - 13:17

I understand the disappointment. But maybe you want to consider unmounting the contact block before you really throw it in the bin. Some CPU upgrade maniacs on this board might regard this as an important resource.

Cheers
Wolfgang

Its still in the bin here so its possible to send it to anyone who need a chip...

Too bad, as it's replacement, the 28-70mm f3.5~4.5 D AF is actually quite a stellar performer in sheep's clothes.  It WAY outperforms it's humble price point, and is pretty well built as well.  I seem to recall Bjorn giving it a fine review too.

Hey, just ordered the 28-70 f/3.5-4.5 from keh.com because I read the same review:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.