The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Cosina displays new f0.95 lens at PC+

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 5,266 posts
  • LocationTokyo
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:58

Impress Watch reports that Cosina displays the new 42.5mm/f0.95 lens:

http://dc.watch.impr...131_585912.html

As always, all texts are in Japanese, but you can click any thumbnails in the article to enlarge. Scroll down to see a couple of cut-model of Nokton and Heliar.

Hope you enjoy it!

CORRECTION REQUESTED:
My bad! The title should read "CP+", not "PC+"!

Edited by Akira, 31 January 2013 - 11:01 .

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

#2 stenrasmussen

stenrasmussen

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationStavanger
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:57

Thanks for this Akira!
The more I let the smaller format sink in the more convinced I am that the m43 is the sweet spot wrt. IQ and system bulk.
Machina fotografica necesse est

#3 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 5,266 posts
  • LocationTokyo
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:10

You are welcome, sten! I agree with you. I wish Panasonic will catch up with Olympus in terms of the dynamic range.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

#4 yunfat

yunfat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:23

Thanks for this Akira!
The more I let the smaller format sink in the more convinced I am that the m43 is the sweet spot wrt. IQ and system bulk.

m43 is a great idea, that is unfortunately executed by two companies who have their heads in their asses.

Panasonic uses sensors that are about 5 years behind the times, and Olympus is happy to settle for Sony's table scraps, because they blew all their money on coke and hookers.

The system will never be able to compete with NEX IQ, and it's not smaller if you don't mind using adapted lenses, especially if you have a m43 body with an attached EVF.

Olympus m43 has a great double exposure system though.
  • Mexecutioner likes this

#5 armando_m

armando_m

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 3,196 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:59

The system will never be able to compete with NEX IQ, and it's not smaller if you don't mind using adapted lenses, especially if you have a m43 body with an attached EVF.

That is exactly what I thought, but was surprised to see the comparison of the OMD EM5 vs the nex6 and nex 7 in the mansurov review

the m43 systems is getting me very interested, contrary to what we see on Nikon's DX, M43 has constant attention from companies developing lenses and bodies
  • yunfat likes this

Regards,
Armando 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.