#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,181 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:29

This one looks like an interesting lens. Might be something I look at getting for the future.

http://olympusomd.co...html#&panel1-12

Support Fotozones:  

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 schwett

schwett

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:41

i wonder why nikon considers it unacceptable to produce lenses slower than f/5.6 but other manufacturers have no such compunctions. is it because the AF systems used to not function beyond that?
http://photo.sfmthd.org/ [under construction]

#3 Airee

Airee

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,073 posts
  • LocationLille

Posted 07 February 2013 - 21:40

... no, there were Nikon lenses down to f/11 (mirror lenses, eh eh)

#4 Bjørn J

Bjørn J

Happy user of Nikon photographic tools

• Life Member
  • 729 posts
  • LocationNorth Norway

Posted 07 February 2013 - 21:50

i wonder why nikon considers it unacceptable to produce lenses slower than f/5.6 but other manufacturers have no such compunctions. is it because the AF systems used to not function beyond that?

I hope it is because Nikon knows that we are several photographers that find it unacceptable to USE lenses slower than f/5.6 :)

Bjørn J

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: olympus, 75-300mm, mirrorless, micro four thirds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.