4 replies to this topic

#1 Amberglass

Amberglass

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCanton, MA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 23:31

Haven't been on in a long time, too busy out in the field pushing my camera and my craft to the limit. Shooting indoor amateur equestrians can be really challenging and rewarding all at the same time. The lighting conditions are often very very poor (really pushing my D3s to the limits) and no flash is ever allowed for the obvious reasons.

Attached Files

I think that emotional content is an image's most important element, regardless of the photographic technique. Much of the work I see these days lacks the emotional impact to draw a reaction from viewers, or remain in their hearts.  Anne Geddes

#2 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,454 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:15

I really like this - the relationship of horse and rider, the soft colours and the light.

#3 Chris Fabbri

Chris Fabbri

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,361 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo / Brazil

Posted 30 January 2013 - 16:47

beautiful image, great light.
Best Regards,

Chris Fabbri
CFR Motorsports Media - www.chrisfabbriphoto.com/cfrmedia/
Site (All Galleries) - www.chrisfabbriphoto.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/chrisfabbrifotografia

#4 Amberglass

Amberglass

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCanton, MA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:38

Here's another shot of the same rider. I will say that I am really impressed with the dynamic range of the D3s. You would literally be shocked on how bad the lighting was in this building. As we all know, what we can see by often times isn't enough to shoot by. Put on a lot of restrictions within the environment only makes it even more challenging. It really pays to understand the qualities and behavior of light. All I did was visually scanned the arena and watched where the light fell best, waited for the rider to come into frame, and then hoped that I can pull it off in post.

Attached Files

I think that emotional content is an image's most important element, regardless of the photographic technique. Much of the work I see these days lacks the emotional impact to draw a reaction from viewers, or remain in their hearts.  Anne Geddes

#5 Longhiker

Longhiker

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 21:02

You certainly found the right spot for the light. A stunning image.
There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users