2 replies to this topic

#1 Amberglass

Amberglass

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCanton, MA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 23:15

This image was taken out in the bay area at Dana Point, CA. The injury to the sea lion is the result of a gill net entanglement. Whenever I can, I volunteer my services for wildlife conservation and education for non-profit organizations.

Attached Images

• 7134009093_c15336859c_z.jpg

• Fons Baerken and Chris Wahl like this
I think that emotional content is an image's most important element, regardless of the photographic technique. Much of the work I see these days lacks the emotional impact to draw a reaction from viewers, or remain in their hearts.  Anne Geddes

#2 Antoinette

Antoinette

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationHaarlem
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:26

That's a nasty wound, hope he will recover without any problems and will stay out of trouble in the future.
Say what you like
Do what you feel

#3 Amberglass

Amberglass

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCanton, MA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:21

That's a nasty wound, hope he will recover without any problems and will stay out of trouble in the future.

We may never know about this fellas recovering. Unless it comes ashore and shows signs of distress, marine rescue can't intervene. I hate gill nets because it's practically invisible in the water, plus it kill indiscriminately while animals caught in it could be dead in the water for days. Many West Coastal states are trying the ban the use of gill nets, especially in the Pacific Northwest sector.
I think that emotional content is an image's most important element, regardless of the photographic technique. Much of the work I see these days lacks the emotional impact to draw a reaction from viewers, or remain in their hearts.  Anne Geddes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users