Chairman's Challenge Moderator, POTW Committee

• POTW Committee
  • 1,763 posts
  • LocationUSA, Michigan, Northern Detroit
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 19 January 2013 - 22:44

Chairman’s Challenge

Please read the instructions:
1. Members that wish to enter the Challenge will upload their own entry here in this post.
2. Once the Challenge is over I will make an announcement that it is time to “LIKE” one two or three images of your choice.
3. Please do not “LIKE” any entries before the Challenge is closed. I will announce the time to like.
With this new system you will no longer have to email me your entries (unless we do an anonymous challenge)

This Chairman's Challenge suggestion is from Anker Berg-Sonne the Winner of the The CHRISTMAS SHOPPING Challenge. The new Challenge is "I'M HOME...."

"I'M HOME...."

Challenge:

What do you look forward to at the end of the workday? Is it your dog welcoming you home, your kids, dinner, or something else? Capture the mood of the moment.

But please try and include your EXIF in the pic.

Any image, that can illustrate the concept. The envisioning of the concept is entirely up to the photographer.

This Challenge will end Sunday FEB 3rd, 2013 at 16:00h GMT

Guidelines for submissions

- one image per person - can be from your archives
- images should fit on 1000 pixel wide screen without scrolling (suggested maximum 800 w x 600 high - 350 k)
- run-off in the event of ties in the voting.

Here is some info from and about Anker Berg-Sonne and the winning photo:

I have been a passionate amateur photographer since my teen years in Tanzania in the 60's. Starting with a Kodak Brownie, advancing to a Kodak bellow camera to an East German SLR. Went through multiple SLRs as an adult with my final film cameras being an Olympus OM 1s and a and Sea and Sea MotorMarine II. With the advent of Digital I started with Olympus 2020, then a 4040, and then the big jump to a Nikon D70, then a D80, followed by a D7000 and finally a D800 last December. I have made a significant investment in lenses, including the 70-200mm F2.8 VR II, 24-120mm F4 VR, 105mm VR Macro, TC 17e II, 10-24mm DX and hopefully soon a 300mm F4.

I live in Massachusetts and do a lot of family snapshots, nature, landscape and travel, and just started with studio portraiture.

About the Winning image:

My second-oldest grandson wore the Christmas hat all December. As he was sitting in the office, working on his list I was captivated by the mood, the lighting and his pose. The great dynamic range of the D800 created a superb mood-laden image. Very little PP was done, most of it consisting of removing some distracting objects on the wall.
Glenn Email:glenn@nikongear.com
http://www.uniquecustomphoto.com

"Don't argue with STUPID people, they will only bring you down to their level and win with experience"

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."

#2 Bilbo

Bilbo

• POTW Committee
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 00:45

Doesn't anyone come home to anything? Challenge ends Sunday

"Don't argue with STUPID people, they will only bring you down to their level and win with experience"

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."

#3 MrsP

MrsP

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 01 February 2013 - 21:22

OK. I will play and see if others follow. I call San Francisco my home and when I travel I like to come home to the Cable car that runs outside my apt.cable car PE.jpg
Caryl
  • Fons Baerken, palalaikka and armando_m like this
see my art at: pbase.com/carylwithay

#4 Fons Baerken

Fons Baerken

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 8,514 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:13

@home-challenge.jpg
  • helioer, MrsP, nilsch and 1 other like this

#5 Bilbo

Bilbo

• POTW Committee
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 20:38

Only two entries???? I guess I will open the LIKING now.. Vote once for your favorite.
Liking will close Wed.

Glenn

#6 Bilbo

Bilbo

• POTW Committee
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 13:33

The Liking closes tonight (voting) we only have 3 votes total
come on let's get some more likes.......PLEASE

#7 vivionm

vivionm

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,819 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:36

Sorry, but neither of the photos illustrates the theme for me. Perhaps this is due to my lack of imagination.

#8 Bilbo

Bilbo

• POTW Committee
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:17

Well it looks like
Fons Baerken

Wins - Congratulations

#9 Fons Baerken

Fons Baerken

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 8,514 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:57

thats what they call a "pireaus victory"
:D

#10 vivionm

vivionm