The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo

Anyone using Canon iPF6400?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnBrew

JohnBrew

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 928 posts
  • LocationFolly Beach, SC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 21:51

And if so, have you used Epson printers before? Need a little feedback here as I am going for my first 24" printer. Now using an Epson 3880, I've read the Canon uses less ink for several different reasons and that its ink is more fade proof than Epson's. I also read that it takes up a little less space than the Epson equivalent. I'd be interested in any responses, especially in how the Canon does with black & white.

#2 Mexecutioner

Mexecutioner

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 1,605 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:50

Canon 6400: 39.4" (H) x 48.3" (W) x 34.3" (D)
Epson 7900: 48" (H) x 54" (W) x 27" (D)

#3 Geomiljo

Geomiljo

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:47

And if so, have you used Epson printers before? Need a little feedback here as I am going for my first 24" printer. Now using an Epson 3880, I've read the Canon uses less ink for several different reasons and that its ink is more fade proof than Epson's. I also read that it takes up a little less space than the Epson equivalent. I'd be interested in any responses, especially in how the Canon does with black & white.

I am also looking into 24" printing, just by comparing specs the Canon 6450 seems interesting. More or less the same size and price as the Epson 4900, but with 24" capability.

How did you get on, did you buy the 6400?

/Johan

#4 yunfat

yunfat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 13:33

Remember that Epson Stylus Pro, no matter which printer, is a paperweight if it breaks out of warranty, and unable to be fixed for less than the purchase price of a new one.  This has me seriously considering other printers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.