The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic Leica 45mm f/2.8 DG Macro Elmarit Asph

panasonic leica 45mm macro elmarit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Panasonic Leica 45mm f/2.8 DG Macro Elmarit Asph (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this lens

1. 1 Star (appalling) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 Stars (sub-optimal) (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 Stars (average) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 Stars (above average) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 5 Stars (outstanding) (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,160 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 02 January 2013 - 18:30

The purpose of this thread is to collect member reviews and opinions of this piece of equipment. If you have used the item in the title please leave your honest opinions of it in this thread.

All new replies are moderated prior to being published. This is to ensure that the content of the threads remains relevant to readers looking for information on the item.

Questions about an item should be posted in a new thread in the relevant board, not here.

All these threads will be indexed on pages for easy future reference.

Purchase from Amazon.com

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,160 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa

Posted 02 January 2013 - 18:35

Admittedly I haven't used this lens as often as I would have liked to, but what I am seeing thus far from it leaves me believing that it is no less impressive than any of the other macro lenses I have been using recently (Nikon 105/2.8 VR, Sigma 105/2.8 OS).

I plan on using the lens quite a bit in the months ahead, so stay tuned for a more in-depth, featured review.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#3 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 5,263 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 02 January 2013 - 20:43

I won't vote here, because I don't have personal experience with the lens. That said, I'd like to share my experience of playing around with it at a camera shop:

Its working distance at 1:1 (without lens hood) is around 6-7cm which is twice as long as that of AF-S 40/2.8G Micro (without lens hood) at the same magnification. If I remember correctly, the WD of AF 60/2.8D Micro at 1:1 was also a little shorter than that of this Macro Elmarit. The lens is tested both on photozone.de and dpreview.com.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panasonic, leica, 45mm, macro, elmarit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.