The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Tineye Plugin For Firefox

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FullShilling

FullShilling

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 303 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 20:04

Tineye now available as plugin for Firefox

http://www.tineye.com/plugin

Alan.
I can see what I want to say, but I can't say what I see.

#2 Erik Lund

Erik Lund

_

• Life Member
  • 6,446 posts
  • Location_

Posted 05 December 2012 - 17:36

Interesting...

#3 Elsa Hoffmann

Elsa Hoffmann

The humble little lady from Cape Town

• Life Member
  • 7,952 posts
  • LocationCape Town
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:58

has anybody used it?
"I drifted into photography like one drifts into prostitution. First I did it to please myself, then I did it to please my friends, and eventually I did it for the money." Philippe Halsman

#4 Alan7140

Alan7140

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 5,622 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:44

Not sure as to whether this plug-in is new - I've had Tineye as a right-click menu item for any browser image clicked on for ages now, and yes, it's worth having. Whilst not 100% it seems to pick up most things that have been republished elsewhere - I've found a few of my photos now being used by people in an unauthorized manner through Tineye, and have had Facebook remove them at my request as a result

#5 FullShilling

FullShilling

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 303 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:42

Fred,

thanks for the info, good to know that it works.

Alan.
I can see what I want to say, but I can't say what I see.

#6 schwett

schwett

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 07 December 2012 - 19:38

I've found google's reverse image search finds much more than tineye. but both are worth using if you're trying to track down images.
http://photo.sfmthd.org/ [under construction]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.