#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,753 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:48

Our group safari to do landscapes, wildflowers and scenery in Namibia next year sold out almost as soon as I had advertised it last month. What makes it really special to me is that of the 8 people joining us on that one, 6 were on safari with us this year, either on the Big 5 trip we just did or on a private trip we had organised for our members. I think we're doing something right with those repeat numbers! :)

So...

We're Going to Sabi Sabi Again in 2013!
I have been contacted by other NG members who are interested in doing our Ultimate Big 5 trip next year, which has prompted me to secure another week at Little Bush Camp for 2-8 August 2013 (6 nights, 7 days). We are very fortunate to have gotten that week as Little Bush Camp is currently running at 80% occupancy for 2013. There will be an additional night at Tladi Lodge for when we all arrive, so if you are planning to join this safari you should aim to arrive in South Africa on or before 1 August. That additional night is included in the price of the trip, but if you require additional nights either before or after the safari we will gladly arrange these for you.

Who's It For?
The Ultimate Big 5 Safari is the kind of trip that nature loving photographers simply can't afford to miss. Joining this trip will see you getting extremely close to all of Africa's Big 5 animals, namely the lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino. In addition to the Big 5 you will also see a large number of other animal species. On our last trip we came across impala, water buck, giraffe, warthogs, wildebeest, an abundance of birds, plus numerous other animals. We also got to see lions feasting on a buffalo kill and we indulged our artistic selves with some star photography too. You can see the types of shots we got by visiting our 2012 Safari gallery.

August is traditionally the end of winter in South Africa and before the first rains hit the lowveld, so the bush will be thin and the sightings will be superb. We will also be assured of more sunshine and much cooler driving conditions for the game drives, as well as some terrific sunrises and sunsets as there will be more dust in the atmosphere.

Space Available
As with our last trip, the proposed Big 5 Safari for 2013 is limited to 6 suites at Little Bush Camp, each of which can sleep two persons. We'd like to limit the numbers to 10 people max, so we are offering 4 suites for people sharing and 2 for single occupancy. It looks likely that we already have 2 of the couples suites provisionally taken, which leaves space for another 2 couples and a pair of singles.

Cost
There have been general inflationary increases across the board in South Africa since our last booking was made in 2010, so this trip come in at a little bit more than the last one. The pricing is as follows:

ZAR40,000 per person sharing (+R13,000 for single supplement)

A 30% deposit is required by Nature Uncut Tours to secure your place on this trip. First come, first served.

The price includes all meals, local beverages, park entrance fees, airport transfers, the return flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport from Johannesburg and of course the first night's accommodation after arrival in Johannesburg (Tladi Lodge in Sandton). It doesn't include your international flight to Johannesburg, internet access, laundry, telephone usage or gratuities.

Extend Your Trip
As with both our previous Big 5 trips we have offered optional extensions on either side for travellers who would like to extend their stay in South Africa. These extensions can be fully customised to suite your budget and can be either self-driven or guided by Pepe (pending availability). On the last trip we did some of the safarians (Ann, Roland & Lena) did the Cape Town to Port Elizabeth Garden Route at the beginning of the trip, and then a cultural drive through Swaziland, Zululand and Lesotho was enjoyed by Roland, Lena and Victor at the end of it. Richard & Barbara went off to Zambia for a few days after the trip and Mike and Mary spent some time in Namibia prior to joining us. We arranged everything for them except the international flights.

How To Book
If you've checked out our safari gallery and read the testimonials we got on photographers.travel (which is our travel operation, btw) and decided that you can't put it off any more, all you have to do is email me and I will send you the booking forms with details on where to pay your deposit.

It's going to be another amazing photo safari!

DALO0041_phtrvl.jpg
  • Joern likes this

Win a thinkTank Retrospective 30 camera bag just by making a post to Fotozones this week! 

Please support Fotozones by purchasing your gear from our website advertisers wherever possible. 

#2 Chris Wahl

Chris Wahl

cw

• POTW Committee
  • 1,961 posts
  • LocationMannheim, Germany

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:57

I almost made up my mind to join but this week (august in general) is impossible ... 2014 then ...
Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

#3 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,753 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 16:27

Aw no, Chris! We will definitely try and repeat this trip every year because it is really very special, made especially more so because it is a photography group and we get treated with special care by all the staff at Little Bush Camp.

But hey, if there is enough demand for another Big 5 trip in October we might be able to make a plan. Let's see how this one goes first.

Win a thinkTank Retrospective 30 camera bag just by making a post to Fotozones this week! 

Please support Fotozones by purchasing your gear from our website advertisers wherever possible. 

#4 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,753 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 17:44

Just an update on this trip;

We have 2 definite attendee couples already, which leaves 4 suites available for either double or single occupation.

#5 fredazinger

fredazinger

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:51

Wow -- less than 5 months to go until this trip and it's not sold out......I'm VERY surprised and curious why.....
Or are we just not getting updates???
What's the scoop?

Edited by fredazinger, 12 March 2013 - 05:52 .

<span style='font-size: 8px;'><span style='font-family: comic ms'>Lovin the D700 and while waiting for the D4....much glass, but lusting for more.<br />
</span></span>

#6 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,753 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:25

I wish I knew, Fred. I don't think there is a better value for money photography safari out there. Members can check with all those who have been on this trip - it's an absolute thrill. You won't get closer to the Big 5 anywhere else in the world and the photographic opportunities with the light at this time of the year are superb.

Come on folks! We have until the end of April to fill the remaining suites. Less than $4400 p.p.s. for a week with these guys:

DAL_1250_phtrvl.jpg

sandriver.jpg

#7 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,753 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:12

Pepe just pointed out to me that I had the single supplement on this page incorrectly priced at 50% of the normal price. That is actually supposed to be only R13,000, which makes a big difference if you were planning to join on your own!

#8 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,753 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 15:45

Happy to report that there are only 3 suites left for this amazing trip, two of which are tentatively reserved.

#9 fredazinger

fredazinger

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:11

Good news indeed.
Hope you can make it a clean sweep and sell out all three of your events...
With only one suite left, I would expect somebody to snap it up quick.
Good Luck,
FredA
<span style='font-size: 8px;'><span style='font-family: comic ms'>Lovin the D700 and while waiting for the D4....much glass, but lusting for more.<br />
</span></span>

#10 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:16

Update: we have just 2 remaining suites for this trip! 

If there are any single persons who would like to take up a suite please get in touch with me - we might be able to reduce the single supplement for you to join. 

Also, Pepe has organised a 5 night extension to Swaziland and Blyde River, plus 3 days to Victoria Falls for two of our Safarians who have no objection to others joining them for that. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safari, big 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users