The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

V2 Pricing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 crowecg

crowecg

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:58

Finally got to see some Australian pricing for the V2 - A$857 body only, A$1039 kit. That positions it somewhere between the D5100 and the D7000!!!!!!

Still no sign of major price drops on the V1 - still at least A$700 for the kit.

I'm sure someone in Nikon Australia is wondering why they don't meet the sales targets.... or are they??? I know they are a really big thing in Asia, but not seeing many around here.

#2 oldguy

oldguy

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSlave Lake Alberta

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:03

Just picked up the first V2 sold in Edmonton Ab. Canada last Friday. V2 and 10-30 kit cost $849.95. Less $40.00 instant rebate=$809.95
FT-1 F-Mount=$269.95.
Learn from the mistakes of others as you will never live long enough to make them all yourself

#3 Bart Willems

Bart Willems

Forum troglodyte

• Life Member
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationElmwood Park, NJ
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 13:24

Just be patient. You can buy the V2 for $300 at the end of next year, probably with a few goodies thrown in. :)
  • Rags likes this
Bart

Too much gear, not enough common sense!
Flickr and Zenfolio, too!

#4 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:24

Just be patient. You can buy the V2 for $300 at the end of next year, probably with a few goodies thrown in. :)

I think you're right on. I learned my lesson with the V1; I figure next spring used for me AFTER the experiences are posted (my FT1 & 10mm can sit for a while)

Rags

#5 crowecg

crowecg

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:54

Yes, but then the V3 will correct everything that is wrong with the V2 (and look good into the bargain).

I think I'd almost be tempted with a V1 if I could pick it up locally at $300 - at that price even if I end up not liking it, I get a spare battery for my D7000 and a lens for when the V3 comes along.

#6 willl

willl

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 647 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:58

I think I'd almost be tempted with a V1 if I could pick it up locally at $300 - at that price even if I end up not liking it, I get a spare battery for my D7000 and a lens for when the V3 comes along.

Looking at your original post with the V2 pricing, I looked around for V1 prices of Australian stock. Cheapest I found was a V1 with a 10-30mm lens for $638.85. And at that price, you'd have to be nuts to buy it here. May as well buy it for half the price from overseas (plus shipping).

It doesn't make much sense to me, considering many authorised Nikon Australia resellers have been selling recently launched DSLRs at a fairly competitive price (eg: D600)

#7 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:54

Yeah, but the EVF adds a few bucks to the body; while the tooling for the dslr is old (and amortized)

Rags

#8 Bart Willems

Bart Willems

Forum troglodyte

• Life Member
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29

Yeah, but the EVF adds a few bucks to the body; while the tooling for the dslr is old (and amortized)

3000 parts a DSLR; 300 in a EVF camera (I think Hogan quoted those numbers, or maybe Cicala). Whatever extra the EVF is costing, the mirror assembly isn't free either and the assembly cost of an SLR far exceeds that of an all electronic camera with only one tenth of the parts.

Yes, but then the V3 will correct everything that is wrong with the V2 (and look good into the bargain

There's a lot less that needs fixing on the V2 than on the V1. The V3 will likely look better (maybe they made the V2 so ugly on purpose) but that's not really a reason to drop some costly dollars on it.
Bart

#9 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49

3000 parts a DSLR; 300 in a EVF camera (I think Hogan quoted those numbers, or maybe Cicala). Whatever extra the EVF is costing, the mirror assembly isn't free either and the assembly cost of an SLR far exceeds that of an all electronic camera with only one tenth of the parts.

There's a lot less that needs fixing on the V2 than on the V1. The V3 will likely look better (maybe they made the V2 so ugly on purpose) but that's not really a reason to drop some costly dollars on it.

I didn't know that. I was just figuring the price difference between J1 & V1

Rags

#10 Bart Willems

Bart Willems

Forum troglodyte

• Life Member
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:41

I didn't know that. I was just figuring the price difference between J1 & V1

Ah, my bad. I thought you were comparing against SLR’s.
Bart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.