The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Totally flat lens could revolutionise photography........

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wildoat

wildoat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,967 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 13 November 2012 - 13:09

The question is when will we see such technology?

Interesting nonetheless!

http://www.seas.harv...s-perfect-image

It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it as a hobby.- Elliott Erwitt

#2 EL_guest

EL_guest

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 6,446 posts
  • Location_
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 13 November 2012 - 14:17

Interesting indeed!

#3 Michael Erlewine

Michael Erlewine

Michael Erlewine

• Life Member
  • 2,971 posts
  • LocationBig Rapids, MI USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 14:36

Thanks for posting this. Certainly an exponential curve.

Founder of MacroStop.com, the All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, All-Game Guide, ClassicPosters.com, SpiritGrooves.net, and other sites.

#4 Bart Willems

Bart Willems

Forum troglodyte

• Life Member
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationElmwood Park, NJ

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:03

“The array of nanoantennas, dubbed a “metasurface,” can be tuned for specific wavelengths of light by simply changing the size, angle, and spacing of the antennas.”

Not sure how to interpret this “specific wavelengths”—if these lenses only work with a narrow band of wavelengths then the technology is very interesting for fiber optics, but less so for photography.
Bart

Too much gear, not enough common sense!
Flickr and Zenfolio, too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.