Elsa Hoffmann

The humble little lady from Cape Town

• Life Member
  • 7,952 posts
  • LocationCape Town
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:46

I am experiencing issues renaming files in Bridge
After downloading, I use the batch rename facility - sometimes it works nicely by renaming in sequence
other times it renames filesrandomly - AND gives weird numbers - eg 001 and 001 (1) - which SO isn't what I want.
Any one else experienced this?
"I drifted into photography like one drifts into prostitution. First I did it to please myself, then I did it to please my friends, and eventually I did it for the money." Philippe Halsman

#2 Alan7140

Alan7140

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 5,631 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:27

If you want your naming to be in the original file number sequence, make sure you have the Sort option in the View menu set to "By Name" and "Ascending Order".

001(1) usually means you are saving to a folder that has 001 already in it, or you have tried to rename more than 999 files in a three number format.

But before you do anything, reset Bridge Preferences.

#3 Elsa Hoffmann

Elsa Hoffmann

The humble little lady from Cape Town

• Life Member
  • 7,952 posts
  • LocationCape Town
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 12 November 2012 - 14:04

Fred - thanks - my options are set as you mentioned.
sometimes it names correctly - sometimes it doesnt.
if it comes up with 001 and 001 (1) and I rename it - the numbers follow correctly (001 002 003 etc) but the sequence is then out .
it never used to do this - just recently?
"I drifted into photography like one drifts into prostitution. First I did it to please myself, then I did it to please my friends, and eventually I did it for the money." Philippe Halsman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.