#2 ebswift

ebswift

Incessant Dreamer

• Life Member
  • 483 posts
  • LocationQLD, Australia
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:53

Great story and great pics. Somewhat sad, but very grounded in reality with many delightful moments to give balance. Well worth the read.

The only thing I'd have to say is one doesn't know where the end of the story might be - will I be reading for the next 10 minutes or the next week?? It is a relatively short read though, it can easily be done over a lunch break or the like.

#3 yunfat

yunfat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 13:15

It's a great piece. I saw the photos outside of this particular presentation though (the flash stuff) and I have to say I thought they were stronger and easier to navigate.

My mom has Alzheimers, and I can tell you it is one of the hardest things you will ever have to deal with, I admire anyone with the courage to tell the story of this vicious disease.

Thanks for sharing.

#4 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,732 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:54

This is the most touching story I have read in a long, long time. I felt an almost impossible to bear wave of emotion on the last few slides. So many human emotions are so perfectly captured here. Thank you for posting this.

#5 JeCeH

JeCeH

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 147 posts
  • LocationZoetermeer

Posted 17 September 2012 - 19:06

It takes a lot of courage to share such emotions with strangers on the internet, I think that many people who have lost a parent on old age recognize a lot in this, I know i do!
Kind regards, Hans
http://www.heemskerkonline.nl

#6 wildoat

wildoat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 17 September 2012 - 21:37

Very poignant and beautifully constructed.

Thanks to the author.

And thanks for the link Hans.

Tony

Moose says " if you have a very expensive lens and you have a very cheap tripod, you're nuts"  

#7 ashlandish

ashlandish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:01

I had seen this quite some time ago, but am thankful for the link here. My father is on hospice now, aware of and recognizing those those around him but barely able to express his thought and feelings, and my mother's dementia is sometimes sad but there are moments filled with moments of grace---this man's work captures so much of what my
family is experiencing, and expresses it so well. Thanks for sharing the link, which I have shared with my siblings.

#8 jramskov

jramskov

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:48

Amazing story.
Joergen Ramskov
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. [Douglas Adams]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users