The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

CS6 for $249 @ Adorama

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 SCraig

SCraig

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 507 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 01 September 2012 - 20:09

It wasn't just Adorama. I got the same offer from Midwest Photo Exchange yesterday and ordered mine from there. I Got an email yesterday evening stating:

Thank you for your order. We have run out of stock on the CS6 but will be getting more in 1-2 weeks. This will not affect the discount that has been applied to your order. Once your order ships out we will email you a tracking number. Thank you for your patience. Have a great weekend.

I installed the demo version from Adobe's site so as long as it comes within 30 days I'm good. If it doesn't I'll just zero the 30-day counter and wait another 30 days ;)

Edited by SCraig, 01 September 2012 - 20:12 .

Scott Craig - Nashville, TN

#22 Colin-M

Colin-M

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 01 September 2012 - 20:29

same here in UK, $669.95.

Prepare to swear even louder Alan, when I checked the original link it showed as $249 at that time, despite my location.

I didn't go any further,as I'm skint, but part of me suspected they would have:
- Added a hefty shipping charge for the media (which I don't really need, just the Key)
- Told me that the offer was only available to US residents
As Fred as highlighted many times, Adobe maintain a pricing model that is totally different in various countries,
regardless of exchange rates :(
Colin
--------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/celidh

#23 Bjørn J

Bjørn J

Happy user of Nikon photographic tools

• Life Member
  • 729 posts
  • LocationNorth Norway

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:03

Shipping charge was normal for shipping with UPS from US, around USD 50.- I also ordered a Wacom Intuos and some CF-cards, total shipping charge USD 69.-
No information yet that the offer is not valid for non-US residents, and I have an order confirmation.
But they still haven't shipped it, we will see what happens.

Bjørn J

#24 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:47

There has been some debate on this site regarding the ethics/morality of a company selling its product at different prices to different countries. I am not going to enter that debate but offer a way around the issue, at least for on-line purchases and downloads.

I am located in Canada and I subscribe to a service called Hideipvpn (there are many others) which allows me to connect invisibly to servers in the US, UK, Germany and Holland amongst others. As far as the website I am looking at in those remote countries is concerned, they see me as a US or UK or whatever resident site.

So for $5.99/month for a US connection, I appear to be in the US and get any pricing that is offered to US customers. If you want to download a US product then you might be advised to by a one month service from Hideipvpn, buy your stuff, then cancel the service.

I use this for far more important things, since UK TV is frequently published over the net for UK residents only. So I get to watch the World Snooker Championships from the Crucible Club in Sheffield virtually live, as well as the latest Corry episodes if I want to stoop that low.
  • Colin-M likes this

#25 Colin-M

Colin-M

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 02 September 2012 - 13:46

Thanks Ian
I'll consider that if Adorama decide to do another promotion!
Colin
--------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/celidh

#26 RC51

RC51

LARGE MEMBER

• Life Member
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationENGLAND

Posted 02 September 2012 - 14:46

There was a link on another site to Amazon offering a discount code for CS6 at $189.00. Unfortunately the code was only valid until the end of August. But it would be worth watching out if they repeat the offer.

It looks like now adobe have committed to 12 month cycles offers like this are going to be often available.

Cheers
Bez

#27 Ann

Ann

Professional Photographer

• Life Member
  • 10,160 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 02 September 2012 - 16:48

I wouldn't count on offers like that being very frequent.

I have no insider info. on this, but my guess is that this Offer may be an effort to bring some of those who have been using pirated software into the fold of legitimate users.

One of the problems with using pirated (stolen!) software is that this stuff is frequently used by its distributors as a way to implant Trojans and other malware onto the computers of the unsuspecting.

#28 DougB

DougB

Alive (and over 20)

• Life Member
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:14

If you are just doing an upgrade, I note that the price on Adobe.com is $199.99 (let's say $200.00 :D )
Regards
Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D700, D300; D200; F2, Lumix FZ30; and a bunch of Nikon MF & AF glass (& a Rokinon 85mm f1.4)

#29 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 20:29

My $250 PS6 is on it's way.

Now I'm looking at the Intuos 5. I gotta stop reading Ann's posts.... :)

Rags

#30 Ann

Ann

• Life Member
  • 10,160 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 13 September 2012 - 20:42

And when you have your Intuos 5, you will then want the "Art Pen" stylus (which responds to Brush Rotation!).

These pens work on both Intuos 4 and 5 and let you rotate all of those special brushes that you will find in CS6 while you are actually painting, drawing, cloning or healing.

http://www.bhphotovi...Art_Pen_w_.html

I don't have one … yet … but it might just creep from my Wish List into my next Shopping Cart at B&H!

;)

#31 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:24

And when you have your Intuos 5, you will then want the "Art Pen" stylus (which responds to Brush Rotation!).

These pens work on both Intuos 4 and 5 and let you rotate all of those special brushes that you will find in CS6 while you are actually painting, drawing, cloning or healing.

http://www.bhphotovi...Art_Pen_w_.html

I don't have one … yet … but it might just creep from my Wish List into my next Shopping Cart at B&H!

:wink:

Careful... it only works with Intuos #4

#32 Ann

Ann

• Life Member
  • 10,160 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:37

I checked with Intuos' own site a while ago and they definitely state that the Art Pen works with the Intuos 5 as well, so I suspect that the B&H entry should probably say "Intuos 4 and later"?

#33 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:32

I checked with Intuos' own site a while ago and they definitely state that the Art Pen works with the Intuos 5 as well, so I suspect that the B&H entry should probably say "Intuos 4 and later"?

I came across a page in a reseller site that indicated it only worked with #4, upon rechecking the Intuos site says compatible with 4 & 5.

And I ordered the 5 today with the pen.... satisfied you seductress? .... :D

Rags

Edited by Rags, 14 September 2012 - 22:14 .

#34 Bjørn J

Bjørn J

Happy user of Nikon photographic tools

• Life Member
  • 729 posts
  • LocationNorth Norway

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:31

I was a bit sceptical whether I actually would receive CS6 from Adorama for $249.-, especially as it was "out of stock" when I ordered it. They could easily have cancelled my order.
But they kept their promise - the UPS guy was on the door today with a full version of CS6 (plus an Intuos 5!)
  • makmanos likes this

Bjørn J

#35 peroo

peroo

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 165 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:52

I was a bit sceptical whether I actually would receive CS6 from Adorama for $249.-, especially as it was "out of stock" when I ordered it. They could easily have cancelled my order.
But they kept their promise - the UPS guy was on the door today with a full version of CS6 (plus an Intuos 5!)

So it is still hope then, my order is still pending..

#36 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 14:19

Yup. I'm working on my first composite having to re learn CS6 after using Elements 7 for a month or so (after my beta expired)

My Intuos 5 still in the box.

After listening to the call of the siren, singing praises of PS; I didn't thank her adequately enough.

It's opened a new door of my photography passion, thank you Ann.

That said, I used to suffer from NAS, now it's PSAS (pronounced Pzzzazz).... I'm easy... :D

Rags

#37 Ann

Ann

• Life Member
  • 10,160 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:40

Rags:
The Siren is delighted to hear that the medicine works but she knew that it was exactly what you needed!

Sent from the NG Safari in South Africa (which is exactly what I would prescribe for next acquisition !!!! )

#38 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:30

Rags:
The Siren is delighted to hear that the medicine works but she knew that it was exactly what you needed!

Sent from the NG Safari in South Africa (which is exactly what I would prescribe for next acquisition !!!! )

Hehehe....

I'm having a helluva time with the compatibility of Efex silver & CS6. I like discs, but I now see the value of online downloads.

Both discs required updating and contributed to the issue. After at least four hours of noodling I still get the problem with filter interface note on CS6

Sent from NG Safari.. huh... You're cold...

We have wildlife here in San Francisco too... The other night I shot attendees of the OX Exotic Erotic Ball ... here's just one example...

Posted Image

So don't think you're the only one in a zoo environment.... :D

Rags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.