The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Another C mount lens for the V1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickO

PatrickO

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:54

Let me be the first to post on this zone :)

Nikon doesn't yet give us much of a choice of wide angle on the V1. It seems to me that about 28mm is the widest that a lot of systems offer.

I was tempted to try the Sigma 8mm and the 4.5mm with the FT1, but the local shop didn't have a copy. I'm also not going to lash out that much money (£600+) on a lens that I will use infrequently, and they only offer f/2.8.

I decided the 25mm 1.4 C mount was a success and laid my hands on a cheap 6mm f1.4 c mount CCTV lens of non-descript origins. C mounts come with a 1", 1/2" and 1/3" image circle - what they project on the sensor - and that information is not always provided by the sellers. This one has a 1/3" image circle.

How does it perform? Well, let's be generous and say it has character... ...I need a lens for night time events and there's no doubting it can capture images when there is insufficient light to see your feet. I even managed to capture an insect flying at dusk (it's the spot above the twig in the third image). The fisheye effect will grow old quickly though, but the bokeh is nice :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 nfoto

nfoto

Fierce Bear of the North

• Administrators
  • 16,649 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:16

More like a "peephole" than a fisheye effect (lines remain fairly straight). So basically this is what any lens will project if you put a too narrow sunshade on it.
Bjørn

#3 PatrickO

PatrickO

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:57

I think of it as looking down a toilet roll :)
  • willl likes this

#4 DougB

DougB

Alive (and over 20)

• Life Member
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 22 August 2012 - 14:23

I think of it as looking down a toilet roll :)

Yep - but this will last longer & gives better results :D
Regards
Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D700, D300; D200; F2, Lumix FZ30; and a bunch of Nikon MF & AF glass (& a Rokinon 85mm f1.4)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.