The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Thinktank or Billingham?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peroo

peroo

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 165 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 19 August 2012 - 19:33

I´m looking for a small bag to use when my Lowepro Vertex backpack is to large.

The bag must have room for
D800 with 24-120VR mounted
70-200VRII (or a SB900 dependent of trip)
Charger and batteries
Ipad

At the moment the list is narrowed down to two bags

Billingham Hadley Pro
Thinktank Retrospective 7

Anyone that has experience with these bags?

#2 GonzoBernelli

GonzoBernelli

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 283 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 August 2012 - 20:14

IMHO,I would think a Billingham screams "STEAL ME" whereas something from ThinkTank's Retrospective line would be a lot less noticable.

http://www.thinktank...rospective.aspx
DISCLAIMER:  This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

CONFIDENCE: The feeling you have before fully understanding the situation.

Nick Nicholls

#3 palalaikka

palalaikka

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 19 August 2012 - 20:24

I just bought black Billingham Hadley Pro, but I will receive it only after couple of days so can't say anything yet.
My current bag is ThinkTank Retrospective 5, so unless you are in a hurry, I will be able to provide comments about build quality differences etc. next week.

In Retrospective 5 I have carried for instance D700 + 24-120/4 + SB700 + charger + batteries + cleaning kit.
Based on this, I guess your gear will easily fit to Retrospective 7.

Edited by palalaikka, 19 August 2012 - 20:25 .

#4 peroo

peroo

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 165 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 19 August 2012 - 20:42

I just bought black Billingham Hadley Pro, but I will receive it only after couple of days so can't say anything yet.
My current bag is ThinkTank Retrospective 5, so unless you are in a hurry, I will be able to provide comments about build quality differences etc. next week.

I´ll wait and are looking forward to your experience with the Hadley :-)
I don´t think the "steal me" look will be a problem in Norway (or Finland)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.