The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Nikon 1 J2 is here.....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RC51

RC51

LARGE MEMBER

• Life Member
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationENGLAND
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 09 August 2012 - 23:38

Nikon 1 J2 is here..... http://www.nikon.com...09_nikon_01.htm .....already?

Cheers
Bez

#2 Jan Anne

Jan Anne

Noob

• Life Member
  • 3,829 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 09 August 2012 - 23:59

I'm more interested in the rumors that Nikon will come with a Android based camera, that would be really sweet and more flexible alternative to the iPhone with the Hipstamatic app.

Edited by Jan Anne, 10 August 2012 - 09:41 .

Only the mediocre are always at their best....

My Flickr

#3 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 5,270 posts
  • LocationTokyo
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:58

Seems to be the Creative modes and 921k pixel LCD are the only major difference, compared to J1. I can peacefully wait for J3. ;)
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

#4 yunfat

yunfat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:23

I'm more interested in the rumors that Nikon will come with a Android based camera, that would be really sweet and more flexible alternative to the iPhone with the Hiptamatic app.

I share your enthusiasm for an android based cam, if only because it will mean apple will also have to counter.

Nikon have never in its history understood how important software is to the experience of digital cameras. Their GUI's represent a desire to frustrate the end user, and their complete disregard for producing an adequate desktop app that conforms to modern standards of application design can only reinforce any hesitance I have in believing they are capable of doing something innovative in this field.

Time will tell, although I feel it is more likely I will die first.

Edited by yunfat, 10 August 2012 - 05:23 .

#5 peroo

peroo

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 165 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:40

I´m not that interested in the OS of the camera. I would like a connected camera that were able to stream photos from my camera to my phone via bluetooth or wifi. And NOT locked in to a cloud service from the Camera company!

#6 PatrickO

PatrickO

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:21

Based on outward appearances this is a yawn inducing release for me. There are plenty of Coolpix models if I want to follow the "new model every three months" crowd.

#7 Larry

Larry

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 27 August 2012 - 20:07

One of the strikes against m4/3 bodies is a rapid drop in the prices of existing camera models whenever a new model is introduced which happens at a rate much faster than dSLRs. This also greatly diminished the resale value of used units to the point that the m4/3 body-only pricing competes with prices for point and shoot camera.

It looks like Nikon is not exempted from this. There has been a substantial price reduction on the Nikon V-1 at Amazon (link below). Is this perhaps an indication that there will be a V2 coming up soon?

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=Nikon V1

Edited by Larry, 27 August 2012 - 20:29 .

#8 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,170 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 02 September 2012 - 17:46

Absolutely, Larry! I got my Lumix GF-1 brand new with the 14-45mm lens for a local price of R2600 (currently $309). For me it was the bargain of the decade when compared to P&S cameras in that price range, but it also makes me more aware of the hit one takes when buying a newer m4/3 body and a new one is released.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.