Andrea B.

Lost in the Desert

• Administrators
  • 11,034 posts
  • LocationNuovo Jersey
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 07 August 2012 - 15:52

News:
* Invisible Spectrum has become Visible.
* The Stickies have been cleaned up.
* The new IR Gallery is up and running.

A couple of days ago I was surprised to find myself reading posts in Invisible Spectrum having forgotten to login to NG. This little mystery was solved when I read that Dallas had rearranged the photo boards. Our favorite UV/IR board is now publicly accessible once again! I'm thrilled by this because I'm hoping we will see increased participation and gain new UV/IR members as the Northern hemisphere summer doldrums wane.

In honor of our new visibility to the world, I tackled the re-formatting of our informative Stickies which were badly cattywompus after the port of NG to the new software. But all is now well in Stickiland, and I'm even working on a few updates that had accumulated since the last big update effort. A minor problem: I would like to figure out how to pin the Stickies in the proper order without destroying the viewer counts! There must be a way.

The new IR Gallery created by Dallas has been receiving lots of contributions. It is a very nice showcase of work by our very talented IR photographers. I'm as yet unsure whether significant conversation will occur in the Galleries as it does on the Boards. But the Galleries will definitely get viewership, so please add some of your favorite IR shots to it. And add a few details about the photo, too. It's always nice to read a little bit about a photo.

On a personal note, I have literally been away from home in 2012 for a full 3 months (14 weeks actually, but not quite all at once) traveling in the Western US, Italy and the Northeastern US. It's nice to be back home finally where I can finish the sorting and editing of thousands of photos sitting in my own comfortable desk chair rather than scrunched over the MacBook Air elsewhere.

BTW, that 13" MB Air with its 250G SSD has performed perfectly as a photo travel companion for storage, sorting and preliminary edits. I've been running Capture NX2, Photo Mechanic and Raw Developer under 4G RAM and @64 bits with no problems. Just can't say enough nice things about the Air!!

That's all for now!

Cheers -
Andrea B.
Chief Cook and Bottlewasher of Stickiville

Andrea B.
UltravioletPhotography.com

#2 overmywaders

overmywaders

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 446 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 07 August 2012 - 18:23

Andrea, thanks for all your hard work!

#3 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 4,779 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 07 August 2012 - 19:51

Thanks, Andrea, for your untiring effort to better the board. I haven't made any feasible contribution since I sold my last UV/IR capable D40, but the board has never ceased to be a fun place. :good: :good: :good:
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

#4 Andrea B.

Andrea B.

Lost in the Desert

• Administrators
  • 11,034 posts
  • LocationNuovo Jersey

Posted 07 August 2012 - 22:30

Thanks for your thanks. It's a labor of love. "-)

(....however if anyone is interested in taking it over, let me know....)

Andrea B.
UltravioletPhotography.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users