#1 Bart Willems

Bart Willems

Forum troglodyte

• Life Member
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationElmwood Park, NJ
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 22:23

Aaah, Digital Rev. Some people hate it, I love it. I don't think Kai is as stupid as he pretends to be, he's more like a clown making fun of himself (comment on the Tokina 11-17 ATX-Pro: “the ‘pro’ means you can masturbate the lens”)

One of the better items of the show is the Cheap Camera Challenge in which a pro photographer is given a POS camera to a pro to show that indeed, if the photographer is good enough, the camera really doesn't matter. Chase Jarvis was given the LEGO camera, for instance.

This time it's Zack Arias, who's been given a Kodak that's probably bought in a supermarket, and is given the challenge to make it work with a Nikon flash. The video is entertaining, and it's impressive how Zack rises to the challenge, and gets shots that put most of us (me at least) to shame with a $70 camera:

Bart

Too much gear, not enough common sense!
Flickr and Zenfolio, too!

#2 Akira

Akira

Homo jezoensis

• Life Member
  • 5,281 posts
  • LocationTokyo
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:55

This is one of very (or the most) inspiring series of DR. Thanks for sharing, Bart.

Kai speaks noticeably differently here compared to his usual reviews. He seems to play a fool on the usual reviews by pronouncing "L" and "TH" sounds as if he would have short tongues.

The video tells that the pro photogs are the people who takes pictures ANYWAY. :)

Edited by Akira, 22 July 2012 - 01:57 .

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.co...tos/akiraphoto/

#3 Rags

Rags

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:04

Thanks for posting , that was charming.....

Rags

#4 Elsa Hoffmann

Elsa Hoffmann

The humble little lady from Cape Town

• Life Member
  • 7,952 posts
  • LocationCape Town
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:49

ah how cool is that.
"I drifted into photography like one drifts into prostitution. First I did it to please myself, then I did it to please my friends, and eventually I did it for the money." Philippe Halsman

#5 Fons Baerken

Fons Baerken

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 8,941 posts
  • LocationNederland
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:19

Aaah, Digital Rev. Some people hate it, I love it. I don't think Kai is as stupid as he pretends to be, he's more like a clown making fun of himself

i have enjoyed watching him also

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: digital rev, zack arias, bad camera, quality, street photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.