#1 rbsinto

rbsinto

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 934 posts
  • LocationThornhill Ontario Canada. Thornhill is a suburb of Toronto
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:46

This is a shot I got a couple of years ago on Queen Street west, here in downtown Toronto.
The Cameraon House Tavern has been a fixture in this city for many years, and at the time, its exterior had just been painted with a beautiful mural. On this particular day, the sky was overcast which further saturated the very vibrant colours. Luckily there were no cars in front of the building, so I parked across the street, waited until an appropriately dressed person entered the scene to give it a sense of scale, and got this shot.
motorized Nikon F2AS
Tokina ATX 80~200 2.8 AIS manual focus zoom
Fuji Sensia II
exposure probably 2.8 or f4 @ whatever
handheld

Attached Files

I shoot film. That's film. F...i....l....m. You remember film don't you? It was in all the papers.

#2 Seanna

Seanna

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,470 posts
  • LocationSatellite Beach, FL

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:32

This mural makes for an intriguing image, and your patience in waiting for just the right person to come along paid off.
I like this one very much!

Robin
When riding in a time machine far into the future . . . don't stick your elbow out the window . . . or it'll turn into a fossil

#3 afx

afx

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,318 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 02 June 2007 - 13:52

Perfectly executed I would say.
Any particular reason for chopping of the feet (not that I really miss them)?

thx
afx
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
My latest book: The AfterShot Survival Guide  
sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad  Still no clue how to take decent pictures though, see afximages.com ;-(

#4 rbsinto

rbsinto

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 934 posts
  • LocationThornhill Ontario Canada. Thornhill is a suburb of Toronto

Posted 02 June 2007 - 14:40

I cropped along the bottom of the supergraphic on the wall, because below it was nothing but "dirty" sidewalk.
It was a tradeoff. I lost her feet, but to me, the image seems cleaner this way. The sign above reading "The Cameron House" was cropped out for the same reason. 
I shoot film. That's film. F...i....l....m. You remember film don't you? It was in all the papers.

#5 afx

afx

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,318 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 02 June 2007 - 14:51

Makes perfect sense to me,
thx
afx
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
My latest book: The AfterShot Survival Guide  
sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad  Still no clue how to take decent pictures though, see afximages.com ;-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users