#1 Airy

Airy

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationLille
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 19:51

I spent an hour practicing the organ there, and then I practiced the D800 + PC-E 45 handheld. The artificial horizon in the viewfinder makes the shift lens much easier to use properly. Complement is the iPhone app to calculate the tilt (TiltLens).

This is a case where perpendicular axes for tilt and shift makes sense. As this is my most commonly encountered case, I am not going to change this. I regret however that I cannot set the axes at will.

I have started to use the delayed shutter actuation, trying not to move during the second that follows mirror up movement. A good exercise. It seems to work.

There was some postprocessing done here: rebalancing the highlights and shadows, pushing the colour saturation. But none on geometry.

Also note that the PC-E 45 is prone to CA (not big but always noticeable, even on D700). LR4 does a proper job even when the lens is shifted. I wonder how, but it works.

Millions fell in 1914-18, and the list here is just the local toll of the parish.

Attached Images

• Stele SME.jpg

Edited by Airy, 29 April 2012 - 20:07 .

#2 Fons Baerken

Fons Baerken

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 8,498 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted 29 April 2012 - 20:16

great detail & clarite

#3 Airy

Airy

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationLille

Posted 29 April 2012 - 20:30

Thanks for looking, the detail view (100% crop) is your reward. There was only weak (nearly no) sharpening.

Stele detail.jpg

Edited by Airy, 29 April 2012 - 20:32 .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users