#1 JDar

JDar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTX and NM USA
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 10 March 2012 - 14:59

Good day to all. I signed up a week or so ago and have enjoyed and benefited from the information here. It's well worth paying for the content of this forum and the good company.

Somehow got interested in a box camera in childhood and as my father grumbled about paying for processing eventually set up a darkroom. Bought a used Kodak Retina II as the first more sophisticated tool and thoroughly enjoyed it for years. Eventually got a couple of Nikon F Photomic FTN's in Japan and a bunch of lenses, some of which are now in John White's hands for conversion so they can be used on the D7000 I might have in the next week or so. Have gone through several Coolpix units then to the D40 which still serves so well. Spent last summer shooting birds with the Sigma 150-500mm lens and really enjoy that.

A resident of Texas but spending all the time I can in New Mexico for the scenery and climate. Retired now with more time to learn and pursue full time life, and now joining with your help.

Joe

Protecting the Corral (from a cowboy shooting contest)

Protecting-the-Corral.jpg

#2 Bart Willems

Bart Willems

Forum troglodyte

• Life Member
  • 3,011 posts
  • LocationElmwood Park, NJ
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 15:46

Welcome Joe! It seems like you've already familiarized yourself with the place here, and no better way to introduce yourself than with a nice picture. Hope to see more!

Regards,
Bart
Bart

Too much gear, not enough common sense!
Flickr and Zenfolio, too!

#3 DougB

DougB

Alive (and over 20)

• Life Member
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 10 March 2012 - 16:46

Hi Joe

And welcome. Great image to start off with - love the processing!!

It seems there are a lot of us who followed the same sort of path & are now enjoying all of those "old" lenses that have been converted, thanks to John White.
Enjoy
Regards
Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D700, D300; D200; F2, Lumix FZ30; and a bunch of Nikon MF & AF glass (& a Rokinon 85mm f1.4)

#4 simato73

simato73

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationBollington, Cheshire

Posted 10 March 2012 - 16:54

Hi Joe,

Welcome to Nikongear.
I look forward to seeing more of your photos and learning more about your photographic taste.
Simone

#5 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,759 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa

Posted 11 March 2012 - 16:37

Welcome to our electronic home, Joe!

Win a thinkTank Retrospective 30 camera bag just by making a post to Fotozones this week! 

Please support Fotozones by purchasing your gear from our website advertisers wherever possible. 

#6 Airy

Airy

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,837 posts
  • LocationLille

Posted 11 March 2012 - 17:53

Welcome. I hope you'll appreciate the B/C ratio here. In fact, I am (or have been) a member of a few other fora (or newsgroups), all of them free of charge, but it feels better here, much less trolling and lots of great pictures and insight. Thanks for contributing right away.

#7 armando_m

armando_m

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,882 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara

Posted 11 March 2012 - 21:25

Welcome!

this a great place to be at

Regards,
Armando 

#8 Carolyn

Carolyn

Seeker

• Life Member
  • 4,836 posts
  • LocationUtah, Mexico and California

Posted 11 March 2012 - 21:34

Hello right back atcha! Nice leather butt stock protector... looks hand-made. Welcome to NG, and since you are now retired... it's time to really start living :drinks:

Edited by Carolyn, 11 March 2012 - 21:35 .

International Member

"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer it has chosen" Minor White

www.carolynguild.com

#9 pierre506

pierre506
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSuzhou, China

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:58

Good introduction~

#10 wildoat

wildoat

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,856 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:47

Welcome Joe to the best Nikon forum.
Interesting first image, like the processing also.

Look forward to seeing many more from you.

Kind regards

Tony

Moose says " if you have a very expensive lens and you have a very cheap tripod, you're nuts"  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users