55 replies to this topic

#1 joemcbroom.com

joemcbroom.com

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,048 posts
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 04 December 2011 - 13:05

We are almost 20% thru the challenge..... a BIG congrats to those that have kept it up.

Great job, Joe
My worst fear is that I die and my wife sells my camera gear for the dollar amount that I told her I paid for it. Joe

http://www.joemcbroom.com

#2 nfoto

nfoto

Fierce Bear of the North

• Administrators
  • 16,413 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 04 December 2011 - 13:20

Building a sand castle for adults.

_NG_Week10_Adult_Sand_Castle_J1112044552.jpg
Bjørn

#3 Hektoren

Hektoren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 04 December 2011 - 13:45

Nothing original, but I'm always fascinated when I've sliced open a head of red cabbage.....

Attached Images

• OLA_2384.jpg

#4 SCraig

SCraig

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 507 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 04 December 2011 - 13:50

Posted Image

D90 and Sigma 150-500 @ 500mm - 1/640 @ f11 - ISO 800

This, as most of my photographs have been and will be, was actually shot yesterday since Saturday is my normal day for getting out and walking in the woods when it isn't raining.

Joe has nothing to fear from this bird shot since it doesn't compare to his, but I was thrilled to get this one. Blue Herons are very shy and normally take to their wings when a human is first seen. This one was the exception to the rule and wasn't very concerned about my watching him. He was on the shore of a lake about 82' away from me and I was just inside the woods where I wasn't highly visible. He saw me but as long as I stayed in the woods he seemed to be content with the situation.
Scott Craig - Nashville, TN

#5 Fons Baerken

Fons Baerken

Advanced Member

• POTW Committee
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted 04 December 2011 - 14:41

week10.jpg

#6 MrsP

MrsP

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 04 December 2011 - 14:53

Corner market

Carylcorner grocery f-22 13sec_IMG_0091.jpg

see my art at: pbase.com/carylwithay

#7 olivier

olivier

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 December 2011 - 14:58

the museum of old-time school. I had forgotten how ink can be fun, and long-lasting on skin!

Attached Images

• 10_OA19922 acr rec nbnik small.jpg

Greetings from France
my blog

#8 Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 597 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 December 2011 - 17:21

A mix of jackdaws and rooks as far as I could see and hear - they gather in large noisy colonies in the twilight close to where I live.

Changed my mind - some tree graphics against the sky in stead.

DSC_7509.JPG

Edited by Lars Hansen, 09 December 2011 - 23:08 .

#9 AndyPS

AndyPS

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 722 posts
  • LocationNorth Coast NSW Australia

Posted 04 December 2011 - 21:54

10/52

trees and water...

Attached Images

• trees and water bw.jpg

#10 joemcbroom.com

joemcbroom.com

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 21:59

Posted Image

D90 and Sigma 150-500 @ 500mm - 1/640 @ f11 - ISO 800

This, as most of my photographs have been and will be, was actually shot yesterday since Saturday is my normal day for getting out and walking in the woods when it isn't raining.

Joe has nothing to fear from this bird shot since it doesn't compare to his, but I was thrilled to get this one. Blue Herons are very shy and normally take to their wings when a human is first seen. This one was the exception to the rule and wasn't very concerned about my watching him. He was on the shore of a lake about 82' away from me and I was just inside the woods where I wasn't highly visible. He saw me but as long as I stayed in the woods he seemed to be content with the situation.

Scott.... that is a absolutely beautiful shot..nice lighting, detail, exposure, and composition..... I knew you had it in you..... I just didn't know that "Bigma' (150-500) had it in her.

Very nice my friend.

Cheers, Joe
My worst fear is that I die and my wife sells my camera gear for the dollar amount that I told her I paid for it. Joe

http://www.joemcbroom.com

#11 SCraig

SCraig

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 507 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 04 December 2011 - 22:37

Scott.... that is a absolutely beautiful shot..nice lighting, detail, exposure, and composition..... I knew you had it in you..... I just didn't know that "Bigma' (150-500) had it in her.

Very nice my friend.

Cheers, Joe

Thanks, Joe! After seeing your bird shots that means a great deal and I appreciate it. That's the closest I've ever gotten to a Blue Heron and as I walked off I made sure to thank him for posing for me.

I've had that lens about a month and I really like it. It's pretty slow and after carrying it around for a few hours it gets heavy but the more I use it the more I like it.
Scott Craig - Nashville, TN

#12 crowecg

crowecg

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:15

Posted Image
eek 10

Spring has sprung - a nice contrast to the snow and fallen leaves posted by those in the northern hemisphere.

#13 Petteram

Petteram

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,784 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 05 December 2011 - 17:23

10 of 52.

More Fujifilm X10:

Posted Image

Petter

#14 Erv

Erv

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 205 posts
  • LocationMedina,Ohio
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 05 December 2011 - 23:09

Some of the people in my life I love the most! From the left: My wife Janny, Tim my son, Tim's girl friend Michelle(soon to be wife). The critters are Lilly on the left and Kent on the right. Missing is my other son Jay, he had to work.
ERV_1773.jpeg

Erv

#15 Longhiker

Longhiker

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:47

Sunday I went up to the mountains to photograph a favorite swimming hole from college days. Today was a bit less fun. Seconds after this shot I wanted to move over a bit to get a different perspective. Note the white rock. Unknown to me, the rock several feet ahead of me (unlike the rock under my feet) was covered with a solid coat of clear and nearly invisible ice. I quickly got a much closer view of the ice covered rock. I did not lose my grip on the tripod and mounted camera. My black and blue and swollen fingers on my left hand are testament to this. Slipping on ice leaves no time to plan your landing or, unfortunately, your equipment. I suffered little, except my D700 no longer has a functioning mirror. As I sent it off to Nikon today, any photos for the foreseeable future will need to be made some other way. At least the kind owner of a local photo store loaned me a D200 for a project I was planning on doing this next weekend. It could be worse. Oh wait, it will when I find out how much this will cost. Sigh.

Attached Images

• 3-Pools_DS17107.jpg

There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams

#16 Tersn

Tersn

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 06 December 2011 - 13:52

The centre of Oslo. Yes, that's right, this small lake called Svartkulp (Black pond) is very close to the geographic centre (midpoint) of Oslo Posted Image
A thin ice sheet was covering parts of the lake today.

D7k and 14-24/2.8 @ 15mm, f/7.1, 1/200, iso 100

SvartkCNX2.jpg

Edited by Tersn, 08 December 2011 - 15:08 .

tersn
(Terje)

On flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsnd09/

#17 armando_m

armando_m

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara

Posted 06 December 2011 - 15:57

not crowded

Attached Images

• _DSC0144.jpg

Regards,
Armando 

#18 Andrea B.

Andrea B.

Lost in the Desert

• Administrators
  • 11,034 posts
  • LocationNuovo Jersey

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:30

There is such wonderful work shown in the PaW Challenge threads !!

I've fallen by the wayside. Seems I just couldn't keep up with everything - mentoring an active forum, writing tutorials, going on shoots, planning shooting trips, editing and processing the backlog of shots, serving on PoTW committee - not to mention the various social activities & duties and housekeeping chores that require my time.

So carry on everyone !! I'm pulling for you to make it all the way through the year. :party:

Andrea B.
UltravioletPhotography.com

#19 Longhiker

Longhiker

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:33

Come on. Take a shot and post it every now and then. It will make you feel better. :)

There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams

#20 olivier

olivier

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:36

So why not just post a picture everytime you can? It doesn't matter to me if you miss a week or five. It is much more annoying to see you permanently out than occasionally in.

Edited by olivier, 06 December 2011 - 16:38 .

Greetings from France
my blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users