The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Sigma 100-300mm f/4 EX DG APO HSM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: Rate this lens (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this lens

1. 1 Star - appalling (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 Stars - below average (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 Stars - average (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 Stars - above average (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

5. 5 Stars - outstanding (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,150 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 06 September 2010 - 18:14

If you have used this lens, please share your experiences with the community by posting about them as a reply to this topic. This topic will be indexed on our "Other Lenses" page. You may post sample images taken with the lens.

Please don't ask questions pertaining to the lens on this thread, rather ask in the Lenses board.

Please help me finance Fotozones by disabling your ad blocker for this site.

You can also support Fotozones by buying your gear from our affiliate advertisers using these links:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC or DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 SlingingGlass

SlingingGlass

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas or wherever I wake up!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:38

Used it indoors and out on a D40 (manually), 14Nx, and F5.  The only other tele I've ever used was the 70-200m VR (1st gen) and that was only on my '40 & 14.  The Nikon was faster, noticeably but not by very very much.  The color was better with the 70-200 on the 40 but pretty much the same, as far I could tell anyway, on the 14Nx and the 'real raw' F5.  Had a little flare with it when getting right near bright sun.  Just a slight touch of ghosting too, polarizer maybe would have probably helped too but I didn't have a 82mm one at the time.  Its a little on the heavy side but I love it for a street lens.  Yeah if I had the money I'd probably like something like a 300mm VR F/2.8, but I don't.  And I don't mind it a bit.  Used it for outdoor portraits with no problems.  Great for indoor sports and on a dx like a 90 or 300 it would probably be great for your kids outdoor soccer/football/softball etc games.  Not bad for the grand I spent on it from keh, I'm happy.
sg 
I would submit one can see no further than the distance from one's optic nerve to one's retina, everything else is a reflection waiting to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.