#1 Antoinette

Antoinette

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationHaarlem
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 19 December 2006 - 15:27

I also was atractend to the mist and made some pictures in the morning and at the end of the day. I played a bit with the levels to give them some extra color.

Sunrise.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and sunset

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tips are always welcome Posted Image
Say what you like
Do what you feel

#2 Roosje

Roosje

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 676 posts
  • LocationHilversum, The Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2006 - 16:22

I think the first one a beauty  :-* Lovely colors, beautiful shaped tree, strong composition and depth, only I think that I might crop the black area a bit. I like the second one, only I think it a pity of that branch hanging over that beautifully formed tree. Maybe also a bit more sharpening for the lone tree. The last two I do not find interesting, there is nothing that attracts my attention, no beautiful forms, color,intresting compo or special atmosphere.
Roosje
D90 | 18-200mmVR | 70-300mmVR | 50 f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/ 2.8 | Tamron 90mm f/2.8 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | Olympus E-P1 | Fuji F30

#3 Guest_Seymore_*

Guest_Seymore_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 18:53

OK, a few things...

Luv that first shot. A few things I would have varied... I would have re-framed the tree and sun to have been lower in the frame and given more sky. And moved a bit to the right and not hidden the sun behind the tree.

Good 2nd image. But the other tree at the top is distracting. Could you have moved in closer, and zoomed wider to have eliminated that? And with this one I would have moved to the left and put the sun in the crook of the tree.

I'm really not all that gung-ho about the other two. Everything is hazy and nothing stands out and grabs you. I did notice a few other things...

All of these are shot in portrait. Might I suggest that outdoor scenes are best displayed in landscape. (?) There are some shots that do OK in portrait... but as a general rule I find that landscapes work better in that shot mode.

Clean your sensor lately? I'm seeing some buggers on those last two shots. This is something that pay a lot of attention to. If I have a clean sensor, I spend less time cloning them out in PP. And, I can stop down beyond f/8 and worry less about problems on the image. Something you may want to address sooner rather than later...

#4 Antoinette

Antoinette

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationHaarlem

Posted 19 December 2006 - 19:13

I understand the way you feel about the last 2, i think it is quit difficult to make shot in the mist. I couldn't get them better than this.
Seymore: i shot those pictures all with y 70-300 wich probably isn't the greatest choise for these kind of pictures, i hd to choose for portait otherwise i couldn't get the whole trees in the pictures. The reacon why i chose to hide the sun behinfd the trees is because i was afraid i would get burned out suns otherwise wich i realy dislike myself in pictures.
Say what you like
Do what you feel

#5 MarkR

MarkR

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 64 posts
  • LocationBrighton, MI

Posted 20 December 2006 - 13:10

Beautiful colors on the first sunrise photo!!  I love how the sun seems to be peeking out around the side of the tree.  Great perspective!!

Besides levels, did you boost saturation a bit?
Mark

Chernobyl Galleries (and others):
http://markr.zenfolio.com

Chernobyl Website
http://www.chernobylee.com

#6 Antoinette

Antoinette

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationHaarlem

Posted 20 December 2006 - 14:26

Beautiful colors on the first sunrise photo!!  I love how the sun seems to be peeking out around the side of the tree.  Great perspective!!

Besides levels, did you boost saturation a bit?

No it's all done in levels, but i did each rgb level apart.
Say what you like
Do what you feel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users