Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,325 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 12 October 2006 - 21:11

From a recent trip to Hungary:

Posted Image

This is a historic engine that is put to work every Monday for the tourists between Kecskemét and Bugac Felsö at the border of Bugac Puszta. Usually they only run a diesel engine.

Tokina 12-24, Colors via Andy&Tony in Bibble.

Here are some details (no Tony, only Andy for B&W):

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers
afx
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
My latest book: The AfterShot Survival Guide  
sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad  Still no clue how to take decent pictures though, see afximages.com ;-(

#2 Guest_HulaMike_*

Guest_HulaMike_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:05

Like the drips in #3 and the way you silhouetted the person in the first shot. The tone is very good in these too although I'd darken the first a bit more, add more contrast like in the other two.

#3 afx

afx

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,325 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:15

Thanks Mike,
I was thinking about more contrast on the frst, but I am still unsure if it would keep that old look. Time to get off my lazy bum and exeriment.

thx
afx
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
My latest book: The AfterShot Survival Guide  
sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad  Still no clue how to take decent pictures though, see afximages.com ;-(

#4 Chris101

Chris101

Chris101

• Moderators
  • 5,226 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:37

... I was thinking about more contrast on the frst, but I am still unsure if it would keep that old look. Time to get off my lazy bum and exeriment.

The faux sepia really works well with this photo!  I think you could up the contrast, and as long as you keep the tone, the photo will still have vintage appeal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users