The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Robert White (UK)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this merchant (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this merchant

1. 1 Star (appalling) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 Stars (below par) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 3 Stars (average) (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. 4 Stars (above average) (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

5. 5 Stars (outstanding) (14 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,171 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:46

If you have used Robert White to purchase your equipment, please give them a rating by voting in our poll.

Let others know about your satisfaction with the merchant by posting a review of your experience with them in this thread. This thread will be indexed on our equipment pages.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 percafluvialitis

percafluvialitis

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 16:03

RW identified my EU VAT number automatically during placing the order and shipped the gear so fast I s**t in my pants when the courier called me. From moment of payment to the second it arrived on my door (UK to Finland) took only 28 hours. Must have hit the right box and right flight, I asked for priority shipping.

From what I've experienced and what my Finnish colleagues have told me, this is one outstanding photographic equipment vendor located inside the European Union. They also represent Voigtlander in Europe, ordered some accessories for my Bessaflex and had the same service experience.

Outstanding, all I can say.
Vilhelm

#3 ChrisLilley

ChrisLilley

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationNice, France
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:07

I ordered my D90 from them, using their online store, over the Xmas break. However, their site seemed to have an issue with my French visa card. I wasn't sure if my order had gone through or not (or twice!) so I called them after the break. They were very helpful, explained that it was a known problem, and took the details over the phone.  They found the duplicate order and deleted it, also said that they were out of stock and gave me the option of canceling the order or proceeding. When I went ahead, they also gave me the option of paying now or paying when the ir stock arrived (the British pound being in freefall at the time, I elected to pay right then). They sent me an email to confirm the order, another when stock arrived to confirm dispatch. Camera arrived very securely packed, and rapidly.

I found them to be knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. Never tried to sell me stuff I didn't want or anything like that, which some stores will do when you are on the phone with them. I would certainly order from them again, and would recommend them to others.
Camera (ˈkæ mə rə), n. Device for taking pictures in bright light
D7k and primes - on flickr

#4 ChrisLilley

ChrisLilley

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationNice, France

Posted 13 February 2010 - 17:10

I also bought my CV 20/3.5 from them. Or rather, I set up the sale, they confirmed stock and put one aside for me, and my father completed it, over the phone and gave me the lens for my birthday. They were very helpful and he commented favourably on the service. Pricing is also competitive (not ultra cheap but not expensive; good value).
Camera (ˈkæ mə rə), n. Device for taking pictures in bright light
D7k and primes - on flickr

#5 bagnon

bagnon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 17:28

You cant rely on their online web to place an order. Whether the material is in stock is not shown, and you will know only after paying, which is not good. Ive bought a couple of times, and had to wait for the item to be on stock. They sent the material in two parcels, and the cost of the second shipment was on theirs, to compensate for the delay.

So, good service, but call first to be sure they have stock.

#6 Sergei Z

Sergei Z

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:52

Bought both of my Voigtlnder lenses from them.

Voigtlnder SL Macro APO-Lanthar 125mm f/2.5; they had the last two of the brand new ones in UK. Manager to get one.. Also got a Nokton 58/1.4 SLII from them.. The first lens had problems with a chip and would not expose correctly, they hare replaced it with a new one without any problems.

Would recommend them and would definitely by form them again..

#7 cjp

cjp

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 647 posts
  • LocationThe Chilterns, England

Posted 23 February 2010 - 14:02

I have used them for a DSLR, lenses and Lee filters
I give them 4 stars because their website doesn't show the stock level and it could be made more user friendly.
However their service and selection is very good...they are my supplier of first choice.

Feb 2012...Their website has been updated, is much improved and, amongst all the many improvements. now has stock information

They are now well worth 5 stars !!

Edited by cjp, 16 February 2012 - 19:16 .

Charlie

A few of my images can be found at http://www.flickr.co...s/27592974@N03/

#8 Trevor 145

Trevor 145
  • Life Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 21:32

I have been dealing with Robert White since they supplied my first Nikon, a new F2AS.  Robert;  yes there is a real Robert; is both charming and through and has over the years built up a good. well informed and helpful team who supply proffesional level support at the end of the phone.  I have no hesitation in spending my hard earned cash with them, although I have never ordered via the web site. Outline your problem and they will bust a gut to supply the appropriate solution! 

#9 iaw1965

iaw1965

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:40

Robert White is my choice when it comes to buying online.

Service is excellent, after sales was first class when I needed to take a lens back to nikon for repair and had lost my invoice they found the paper copy and faxed to Nikon before I managed to drive to service centre.  As this was something I had bought face to face rather than online in meant they had to find paper record rather than just search on computer.

Only reason I don't use them more is that Greys of Westminster is closer and I like the immediate gratification of holding my purchase.
D3x D3s D700 D300 F5 P6000
Lenses Nikon 12-24DX, 14-24 2.8, 17-55 f2.8 DX, 20-35 f2.8, 24-70 2.8, 35-70 f2.8, 70-200 2.8 VR, 200 f2 vr, 200-400 f4 VR, 300 f2.8 vr, 500 f4, 300 f4 18-200DX, 60 2.8G AF-S, 105 2.8 VR, 85 1.4, 50 1.4G, 35 f2, 35 f1.8 DX, PC-E 24 f3.5D ED, PC-E 45 f2.8D ED, PC-E 85 f2.8D ED, 20 2.8 1.7TC, 180 f2.8 AIS, 105 f2.5 AI
Sigma 30 1.4, 150 f2.8 Macro 1.4TC
SB900, SB600, SB400 & R1C1

#10 Steinar

Steinar

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:45

I have bought a lot of Lee filters and other stuff like that, and they are OK, no problems, but after trying Grays of Westminster, who have a fantastic service, I must spare my 5-er.

#11 NielsF5

NielsF5
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 14:41

Yes, RW are pretty good. I've used them on occasion some time ago and found them to be excellent.

#12 vivionm

vivionm

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 25 February 2010 - 17:59

I have had a very positive experience with Robert White.

At various times I have ordered a Zeiss Ikon, Zeiss M-mount lenses, a Leica M-mount lens, and smaller items.

An honest and competent internet seller, with excellent service.

#13 davidpreutz

davidpreutz
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:46

Another proper camera store with knowlegable staff. RW is a main importer of a lot of good kit. I've
never bought Nikon from them, although I have used them for various large format kit & Leica and experienced no problems.

#14 kds315

kds315

uvir.eu

• Life Member
  • 6,556 posts
  • LocationWeinheim, Germany

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:40

Outstanding and very well reputed company which I know since many years.
Robert has a lot of knowledge, especially on rare and collector items too.
Klaus

"Seize the day"

www.uvir.eu

#15 Trekker308

Trekker308
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, UK

Posted 16 February 2012 - 15:32

I have purchased quite a few Contax, Bronica and Nikon items over many years from them as they are only 10km from my house - staff are extremely knowledgeable, helpful and their deliveries are very quick.
D300s + D90, assorted AF and MF Nikkors and a Tamron 90mm Macro

#16 cjp

cjp

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 647 posts
  • LocationThe Chilterns, England

Posted 16 February 2012 - 19:22

Thanks to your reminder Trekker308 I have updated my post #7 and vote above. From past experience from my non-UK contacts their deliveries abroad are also very efficient
Charlie

A few of my images can be found at http://www.flickr.co...s/27592974@N03/

#17 john deakin

john deakin

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 242 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 February 2012 - 22:22

First time I dealt with them a few days ago. From South Africa via email, I ordered a full set of Lee filters from them, and they were delivered next day to my brother in London as promised. Fast service, efficient and knowledgeable staff who responded to emails almost immediately. I will have no hesitation in dealing with this company again in the future.

I now look forward to picking up and using my new filters when I visit the UK in April / May, and at a 30% reduction in cost to RSA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.