The above adverts really do help Fotozones. Please click on them if they are relevant to you. Not seeing them? Just exclude Fotozones from your ad blocker. Thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Henry's (Canada)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this merchant (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this merchant

1. 1 Star (appalling) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 Stars (below par) (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 Stars (average) (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. 4 Stars (above average) (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

5. 5 Stars (outstanding) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dallas

Dallas

Fotozones Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,167 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa
  • Edit my pics?:Yes

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:44

If you have used Henry's to purchase your equipment, please give them a rating by voting in our poll.

Let others know about your satisfaction with the merchant by posting a review of your experience with them in this thread. This thread will be indexed on our equipment pages.

Clicking on an ad just once a day will help me tremendously with financing this site. 

You can also support the site by buying your gear from the affiliate advertisers below (use these links):

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama | B&HThinkTankPhoto | Digital REV | OWC 

Alternatively you can DONATE via PayPal (donor list)

Follow Me On: social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png social-twitter-box-blue-icon.png YouTube-icon.png google-icon.png 

#2 alan_n

alan_n

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 23 April 2009 - 19:59

Well this is a real can of worms. Which Henry's Location? They range from excellent to mediocre depending where you go.
It all comes down to who you deal with at any given location.
I have dealt with many of the locations since about 1984. Downtown Toronto is probably the best. Some of the smaller out of town locations, not so good.
Their web presence (through eBay) is excellent.
However, I would rate the bricks and mortar stores as average.

On another point, do your homework before you go. Recently I visited their Cambridge store to purchase some paper. I checked Vistek's prices on-line before I went. Henry's price as $64, Vistek was $43 I asked if they would match Vistek's price and they did but if I had said nothing I am sure I would have been charged the sticker price.
They said not but, well, I don't believe them, Caveat Emptor  ;D

Alan
In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose

http://ajnphotography.blogspot.com/

#3 muskiepete

muskiepete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 20:34

Allan has it nailed.
Henry's is at or near list price for most product unless it is on a special.
They have the largest inventory because they have over 25 stores.

Check pricing at www.photoprice.ca , Aden Camera, Vistek, Camera Canada,Downtown Camera etc.
Give the sales person a printout and they match price.

Always ask for a discount.
Cheers!
Pete

#4 DougB

DougB

Alive (and over 20)

• Life Member
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 26 April 2010 - 19:34

I have to agree with other posters re: store locations and price. Although, I have bought a D300 & a couple of lenses from a local Henry's. Once they get to know you, you always get a discount. They do have the best selection and service around - once you find a salesperson you can trust, as I have. I have also bought several items from their E-Bay store. Great condition and come with at least a 90 day warranty. No complaints with them at all!

Doug
Regards
Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D700, D300; D200; F2, Lumix FZ30; and a bunch of Nikon MF & AF glass (& a Rokinon 85mm f1.4)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive a FREE CAMERA BAG from Think Tank Photo

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.