Photo
- - - - -

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this lens (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this lens

1. 1 Star (appalling) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 Stars (below par) (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 Stars (average) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 Stars (above average) (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

5. Voted 5 Stars (outstanding) (26 votes [86.67%])

Percentage of vote: 86.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Guest_hmzimelka_*

Guest_hmzimelka_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:15

This is a gorgeous lens, and its quickly become my most used lens.
Its definitely my preferred "normal" lens, and its the one I grab when I can only take one lens.

In my opinion, what makes this 35mm lens great is its relatively high micro contrast from wide open, it's resistance to flare, its subject isolation capabilities, its sharpness (of course), the build & feel, and lastly the circular iris opening.

Attached Images

• rainy-karoo_BW.jpg
  • fishing-on-the-rocks_gordons-bay.jpg
  • sunselt walk.jpg
  • Big-water-splash_Llandudno-002.jpg

#22 Marco Handgraaf

Marco Handgraaf

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam, The Netherlands

Posted 11 February 2011 - 21:53

Great shots Martin !

Besides on the D3s and F4s, I also use this CZ on the E-PL1:

Posted Image

Marco

flickr

#23 Carolyn

Carolyn

Seeker

• Life Member
  • 4,836 posts
  • LocationUtah, Mexico and California
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 30 March 2011 - 23:41

I ♥ this lens. I love the *look* through the glass. The longish throw to focus. The 3-d look to the first photograph I made with it. We are talking print here, as well as online. The way it draws. The sturdy build, just feels right in my hand, and on my camera body. I loved it so much at first glance/use/print that I turned right around, and bought the 100 f/2 makro-planar...

Attached Images

• ElementalEarth-Fractured3.jpg

Edited by Carolyn, 30 March 2011 - 23:42 .

International Member

"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer it has chosen" Minor White

www.carolynguild.com

#24 Guest_hmzimelka_*

Guest_hmzimelka_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:21

It is a special lens in my collection.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Airee

Airee

Advanced Member

• Life Member
  • 2,073 posts
  • LocationLille
  • Edit my pics?:Ask Me

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:33

Fully usable wide open if sharpness and contrast matter, also on D800. In fact I do not hesitate to use f/2-f/2.5 with this lens is the subject is flat, to benefit from lower ISO and/or higher speeds, resulting in an overall better image.

Using LV to assist focus is recommended in case full aperture is used in relative darkness (the 'green dot' is not really useful as it does not provide better accuracy than the ground glass).

Special mention for night shots : low flare, high contrast and low coma (small and decent coma at f/2, about none at f/2.8). Highly recommended.

The Sigma 35/1.4 (no thread has yet been opened) might be even better in the coma correction department, but displays a nasty bokeh at times, which is not the case here.

Edited by Airy, 04 December 2013 - 20:44 .

• cjp likes this

#26 Almass

Almass

JMJ

• Life Member
  • 733 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Edit my pics?:No

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:49

I use it mainly for night shots as it render the yellows remarkably well!
It's the picture not the pixels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

An appeal to all Fotozones visitors: please help me to keep this site going by starting your gear purchases using any one of the affiliate links shown below:

Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Adorama.com | thinkTank Photo | DigitalRev.com | OWC | B&H or Donate via PayPal

Starting your shopping here doesn't cost you anything more, but by using the links above (or any others found on the site) you are advising the affiliate that you support this website. This results in a small commission that helps with the running costs. If your preferred outlet isn't among those listed above you can also support the site by making a donation of any amount via PayPal (no PayPal account required). Any donation will be most appreciated.